Daphne C Hernandez
Affiliation: University of Houston
- Gender disparities among the association between cumulative family-level stress & adolescent weight statusDaphne C Hernandez
Texas Obesity Research Center, Department of Health and Human Performance, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204, USA Electronic address
Prev Med 73:60-6. 2015..To investigate precursors to gender-related obesity disparities by examining multiple family-level stress indices...
- The impact of cumulative family risks on various levels of food insecurityDaphne C Hernandez
University of Houston, Texas Obesity Research Center and the Department of Health and Human Performance, 3855 Holman St, Garrison Gymnasium Rm 104, Houston, TX 77204 6015, United States Electronic address
Soc Sci Res 50:292-302. 2015..Connecting food assistance programs with established social services may decrease the negative impact that cumulative family-level risk factors have on families' varying levels of food insecurity. ..
- The association between acculturation and health insurance coverage for immigrant children from socioeconomically disadvantaged regions of originDaphne C Hernandez
Department of Health and Human Performance, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77004, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 15:453-61. 2013..To increase immigrant children's coverage, Latin American and Mexican families may benefit from additional financial assistance, rather than cultural assistance...
- Gestational weight gain as a predictor of longitudinal body mass index transitions among socioeconomically disadvantaged womenDaphne C Hernandez
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 21:1082-90. 2012..This study examines the effect of gestational weight gain on body mass index (BMI) transitions 5 years after pregnancy in socioeconomically disadvantaged women...
- Maternal depression mediates the association between intimate partner violence and food insecurityDaphne C Hernandez
1 Department of Health and Human Performance, University of Houston, Houston, Texas
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 23:29-37. 2014..We investigated the longitudinal association between mothers' experiences of IPV and household food insecurity, and whether maternal depression mediated the relationship...
- National School Lunch Program participation and sex differences in body mass index trajectories of children from low-income familiesDaphne C Hernandez
Department of Human Development Family Studies, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:346-53. 2011....
- Transient, but not persistent, adult food insecurity influences toddler developmentDaphne C Hernandez
The Pennsylvania State University, Human Development Family Studies, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Nutr 139:1517-24. 2009..Hence, outreach and assistance may lessen immediate impacts of food insecurity on toddler development...
- Accumulation of childhood poverty on young adult overweight or obese status: race/ethnicity and gender disparitiesDaphne C Hernandez
Department of Health and Human Performance, Texas Obesity Research Center, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 68:478-84. 2014..Repeated exposure of childhood poverty could contribute to race/ethnicity and gender disparities in young adult overweight/obese (OV/OB) weight status...