Daphne C Hernandez
Affiliation: University of Houston
- The association between acculturation and health insurance coverage for immigrant children from socioeconomically disadvantaged regions of originDaphne C Hernandez
Department of Health and Human Performance, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77004, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 15:453-61. 2013..To increase immigrant children's coverage, Latin American and Mexican families may benefit from additional financial assistance, rather than cultural assistance...
- Gestational weight gain as a predictor of longitudinal body mass index transitions among socioeconomically disadvantaged womenDaphne C Hernandez
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 21:1082-90. 2012..This study examines the effect of gestational weight gain on body mass index (BMI) transitions 5 years after pregnancy in socioeconomically disadvantaged women...
- Maternal depression mediates the association between intimate partner violence and food insecurityDaphne C Hernandez
1 Department of Health and Human Performance, University of Houston, Houston, Texas
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 23:29-37. 2014..We investigated the longitudinal association between mothers' experiences of IPV and household food insecurity, and whether maternal depression mediated the relationship...
- National School Lunch Program participation and sex differences in body mass index trajectories of children from low-income familiesDaphne C Hernandez
Department of Human Development Family Studies, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 165:346-53. 2011....
- Transient, but not persistent, adult food insecurity influences toddler developmentDaphne C Hernandez
The Pennsylvania State University, Human Development Family Studies, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Nutr 139:1517-24. 2009..Hence, outreach and assistance may lessen immediate impacts of food insecurity on toddler development...