Brook L Henry
Affiliation: University of California
- Heart rate variability in bipolar mania and schizophreniaBrook L Henry
University of California San Diego, Department of Psychiatry, La Jolla, CA 92103 0851, United States
J Psychiatr Res 44:168-76. 2010..We recorded cardiac activity and assessed HRV in acutely hospitalized manic bipolar (BD) and schizophrenia (SCZ) patients compared to age- and gender-matched healthy comparison (HC) subjects...
- Effect of methamphetamine dependence on heart rate variabilityBrook L Henry
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, USA
Addict Biol 17:648-58. 2012..We discuss and review evidence that impaired HRV may be related to the cardiotoxic or neurotoxic effects of prolonged METH use...
- Effect of methamphetamine dependence on everyday functional abilityBrook L Henry
University of California San Diego, Department of Psychiatry, La Jolla, CA, United States
Addict Behav 35:593-8. 2010..We assessed the effect of METH dependence on everyday functioning using the UCSD Performance-Based Skills Assessment (UPSA-2), a performance-based measure designed to evaluate real-life skills...
- Cross-species assessments of motor and exploratory behavior related to bipolar disorderBrook L Henry
University of California San Diego, Department of Psychiatry, La Jolla, CA, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 34:1296-306. 2010....
- Effect of methamphetamine dependence on inhibitory deficits in a novel human open-field paradigmBrook L Henry
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 215:697-707. 2011..Previous work demonstrated that manic bipolar subjects exhibit a disinhibited pattern of behavior in the hBPM characterized by increased object interactions...
- Repeated assessment of exploration and novelty seeking in the human behavioral pattern monitor in bipolar disorder patients and healthy individualsArpi Minassian
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24185. 2011..The objective of this study was to assess the sensitivity of the hBPM to changes in manic symptoms, a necessary step towards elucidating the neurobiology underlying BD...
- The quantitative assessment of motor activity in mania and schizophreniaArpi Minassian
University of California, Department of Psychiatry, San Diego, CA, USA
J Affect Disord 120:200-6. 2010..We used an ambulatory monitoring device to quantify motor activity in BD and schizophrenia (SCZ) patients in a novel exploratory paradigm, the human Behavioral Pattern Monitor (BPM)...
- A reverse-translational study of dysfunctional exploration in psychiatric disorders: from mice to menWilliam Perry
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, MC 0804, La Jolla, CA 92093 0804, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:1072-80. 2009..Exploration is fundamental to survival and is dysregulated in these 2 disorders. Although exploratory behavior in rodents has been widely studied, surprisingly little work has examined this critical function in humans...
- Behavioral effects of chronic methamphetamine treatment in HIV-1 gp120 transgenic miceBrook L Henry
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92103 8620, United States
Behav Brain Res 236:210-20. 2013..These findings illustrate the need to improve our knowledge about the combined effects of HIV and substance use and facilitate improved treatment methods for comorbid disease and drug dependence...
- Predictive animal models of mania: hits, misses and future directionsJared W Young
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0804, USA
Br J Pharmacol 164:1263-84. 2011....