P K Henke
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Gallagher K, Obi A, Elfline M, Hogikyan E, Luke C, Henke S, et al. Alterations in macrophage phenotypes in experimental venous thrombosis. J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord. 2016;4:463-71 pubmed publisher..Altering the M1/M2 macrophage balance may accelerate thrombus resolution and allow the development of translatable novel therapies to treat VT and to prevent post-thrombotic syndrome. ..
- Obi A, Andraska E, Kanthi Y, Kessinger C, Elfline M, Luke C, et al. Endotoxaemia-augmented murine venous thrombosis is dependent on TLR-4 and ICAM-1, and potentiated by neutropenia. Thromb Haemost. 2017;117:339-348 pubmed publisher..Endotoxaemia enhanced early VT occurs in a TLR-4 and ICAM-1 dependent fashion, and is potentiated by neutropenia. ICAM-1 and/or TLR-4 inhibition may be a unique strategy to prevent sepsis-associated VT. ..
- Henke P, Varga A, De S, Deatrick C, Eliason J, Arenberg D, et al. Deep vein thrombosis resolution is modulated by monocyte CXCR2-mediated activity in a mouse model. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24:1130-7 pubmed..Normal DVT resolution involves CXCR2-mediated neovascularization, collagen turnover, and fibrinolysis, and it is probably primarily monocyte-dependent. ..
- Henke P. Approach to the patient with acute limb ischemia: diagnosis and therapeutic modalities. Cardiol Clin. 2002;20:513-20 pubmed..g., GIIb/IIIa antagonists) and other anticoagulant agents must be better investigated before recommendations can be made. Save life over limb. Emergent guillotine amputation is sometimes required to save a patient's life...
- Henke P, Pearce C, Moaveni D, Moore A, Lynch E, Longo C, et al. Targeted deletion of CCR2 impairs deep vein thombosis resolution in a mouse model. J Immunol. 2006;177:3388-97 pubmed..We conclude that an early CCR2-dependent Th1 lymphokine response predominates in normal DVT resolution, mediates this in part by MMP-9 activation, but is not solely dependent on IFN-gamma. ..
- Henke P, Mitsuya M, Luke C, Elfline M, Baldwin J, Deatrick K, et al. Toll-like receptor 9 signaling is critical for early experimental deep vein thrombosis resolution. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:43-9 pubmed publisher..TLR9 signaling is integral for early and mid-Vt resolution through modulation of sterile inflammation, maintaining a TH1 milieu, and effects on the thrombosis pathway. ..