Peter S Hendricks
Affiliation: University of California
- Smokers' expectancies for smoking versus nicotinePeter S Hendricks
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 22:135-40. 2008..These findings have important implications for both nicotine-based and behavioral interventions, as well as for experimental designs that rely upon the perceived manipulation of nicotine content...
- Evaluating the validities of different DSM-IV-based conceptual constructs of tobacco dependencePeter S Hendricks
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Addiction 103:1215-23. 2008....
- Smokers' expectancies for abstinence: preliminary results from focus groupsPeter S Hendricks
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 23:380-5. 2009..This study provides a preliminary step in understanding smokers' expectancies for abstinence from cigarettes...
- Mechanisms of change in extended cognitive behavioral treatment for tobacco dependencePeter S Hendricks
University of California, San Francisco, 401 Parnassus Ave, TRC Box 0984, San Francisco, CA 94143, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 109:114-9. 2010..To evaluate potential mediators of an extended cognitive behavioral smoking cessation intervention...
- The increasing recalcitrance of smokers in clinical trials II: Pharmacotherapy trialsJennifer E Irvin
University of South Florida and the H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33617, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 5:27-35. 2003..Findings are discussed with respect to the theory that the population of remaining smokers is becoming progressively more dependent and difficult to treat...
- Smoking expectancy associates among college smokersPeter S Hendricks
Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, 4202 E Fowler Ave PCD 4118G, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Addict Behav 30:235-45. 2005..Future studies will be able to use the expectancy associates developed by this study to employ implicit memory tasks and further the understanding of the role of smoking-related expectancies...
- An integration of cognitive-behavioral therapy and interpersonal psychotherapy for bulimia nervosa: a case study using the case formulation methodPeter S Hendricks
Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, 4202 East Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Int J Eat Disord 37:171-4. 2005..The current study provides an illustration of an integration of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT) for the treatment of bulimia nervosa (BN), based on the case formulation strategy...
- The early time course of smoking withdrawal effectsPeter S Hendricks
Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33617, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 187:385-96. 2006..The literature contains a range of estimates about the early appearance of withdrawal symptoms, but without reference to empirical data...
- Expectancy priming of smoking cessation messages enhances the placebo effect of tailored interventionsMonica S Webb
Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, USA
Health Psychol 26:598-609. 2007..The authors' objective in the current study was to replicate and extend this research by testing the efficacy expectancy priming before intervention delivery...
- The Smoking Abstinence QuestionnairePETER HENDRICKS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The primary goal of the current study is the development of an abstinence-related expectancies questionnaire. Thus, the current study will advance the development of nicotine dependence treatments. ..