Christian S Hendershot
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Evaluation of a brief web-based genetic feedback intervention for reducing alcohol-related health risks associated with ALDH2Christian S Hendershot
The MIND Research Network, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Ann Behav Med 40:77-88. 2010..Results provide initial evidence of the feasibility, acceptability, and brief efficacy of web-based genetic feedback for reducing alcohol-related health risks associated with ALDH2 genotype...
- Associations of marijuana use and sex-related marijuana expectancies with HIV/STD risk behavior in high-risk adolescentsChristian S Hendershot
Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse, and Addictions, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 24:404-14. 2010..These results provide further evidence that marijuana use is a potentially important cofactor for HIV/STD transmission in high-risk adolescents and suggest that cognitive factors could be important for characterizing this association...
- COMT and ALDH2 polymorphisms moderate associations of implicit drinking motives with alcohol useChristian S Hendershot
The MIND Research Network, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
Addict Biol 17:192-201. 2012....
- Evaluating a cognitive model of ALDH2 and drinking behaviorChristian S Hendershot
MIND Research Network, CSH, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:91-8. 2011..This study evaluated a model of ALDH2 and drinking behavior stipulating cognitive factors and alcohol sensitivity as accounting for genetic influences on drinking outcomes...
- Preliminary evidence for associations of CHRM2 with substance use and disinhibition in adolescenceChristian S Hendershot
The MIND Research Network, 1101 Yale Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 39:671-81. 2011..These results suggest that CHRM2 variants are potentially relevant for adolescent substance use and that temperamental risk factors could contribute to these associations...
- Proposed model of the neurobiological mechanisms underlying psychosocial alcohol interventions: the example of motivational interviewingSarah W Feldstein Ewing
MIND Research Network, Pete and Nancy Domenici Hall, 1101 Yale Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 72:903-16. 2011....