Adrienne J Heinz
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Marriage and relationship closeness as predictors of cocaine and heroin useAdrienne J Heinz
University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Psychology MC 285, 3022A Behavioral Sciences Building, 1007 W Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60302, USA
Addict Behav 34:258-63. 2009..The causal nature of the association is suggested by previous research that has demonstrated the effectiveness of couples therapy as an adjunct to methadone maintenance...
- Spiritual/Religious experiences and in-treatment outcome in an inner-city program for heroin and cocaine dependenceAdrienne Heinz
Clinical Pharmacology and Treatment Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 39:41-9. 2007..The results suggest that spiritual and religious experience plays a role in substance abuse recovery and that demographic characteristics should be considered in the design of spiritually oriented behavioral interventions for addiction...
- Caffeine expectancy: instrument development in the Rasch measurement frameworkAdrienne J Heinz
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
Psychol Addict Behav 23:500-11. 2009....
- The separate and combined effects of alcohol and nicotine on anticipatory anxiety: a multidimensional analysisAshley R Braun
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Addict Behav 37:485-91. 2012..These data highlight the importance of studying both the separate and combined effects of these two widely used substances, as well as the advantages of employing a multimodal assessment of emotional response...
- Predictors and sequelae of smoking topography over the course of a single cigarette in adolescent light smokersJennifer C Veilleux
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 W Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
J Adolesc Health 48:176-81. 2011....
- Heroin and cocaine craving and use during treatment: measurement validation and potential relationshipsAdrienne J Heinz
Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 31:355-64. 2006..Treatment dropout and in-treatment drug use were more frequently predicted by scores on the 14- or 45-item CCQ than by VAS ratings. Results suggest that the CCQ/HCQ and the 14-item CCQ provide information that unidimensional VASs do not...
- A focus-group study on spirituality and substance-user treatmentAdrienne J Heinz
Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Subst Use Misuse 45:134-53. 2010..One limitation was that all participants identified as strongly spiritual. Studies of more diverse samples will help guide the development and evaluation of spiritually based interventions in formal treatment...
- Adolescents' expectancies for smoking to regulate affect predict smoking behavior and nicotine dependence over timeAdrienne J Heinz
Department of Psychology, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 111:128-35. 2010..The current study examined the influence of negative affect relief expectancies (NAREs) for smoking on smoking behavior and nicotine dependence using longitudinal data from a study on the emotional and social contexts of youth smoking...
- A review of opioid dependence treatment: pharmacological and psychosocial interventions to treat opioid addictionJennifer C Veilleux
University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 W Harrison Street, M C 285, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 30:155-66. 2010..We also focus prominently on evidence for inclusion of psychosocial approaches in treatment regimens, either as stand-alone or in conjunction with psychopharmacological options...
- The role of cognitive structure in college student problem drinkingAdrienne J Heinz
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60302, USA
Addict Behav 34:212-8. 2009..These findings highlight the potential importance of cognitive structure as a risk factor for problem drinking, above and beyond the risk posed by more traditionally studied variables...
- The separate and combined effects of nicotine and alcohol on working memory capacity in nonabstinent smokersJustin E Greenstein
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois Chicago, 60607, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 18:120-8. 2010..Furthermore, the present findings failed to support the notion that nicotine compensates for alcohol-related decrements in working memory capacity...
- Cognitive and neurobiological mechanisms of alcohol-related aggressionAdrienne J Heinz
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 W Harrison Street, MC 285 Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA andreas heinz charite de
Nat Rev Neurosci 12:400-13. 2011..In addition, acute and chronic alcohol intake can further impair executive control and thereby facilitate aggressive behaviour...
- Examining risk and protective factors for alcohol use in lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth: a longitudinal multilevel analysisMichael E Newcomb
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 73:783-93. 2012..e., psychological distress, sexual orientation-based victimization, and perceived family support), and the interactions between demographic differences and longitudinal psychosocial variables in predicting rates of alcohol use...