D W Hein
Affiliation: University of Louisville
- Stepp M, Doll M, Samuelson D, Sanders M, States J, Hein D. Congenic rats with higher arylamine N-acetyltransferase 2 activity exhibit greater carcinogen-induced mammary tumor susceptibility independent of carcinogen metabolism. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:233 pubmed publisher..01). A novel role for rat NAT2 in mammary cancer was discovered unrelated to carcinogen metabolism, suggesting a role for human NAT1 in breast cancer. ..
- Doll M, Hein D. Genetic heterogeneity among slow acetylator N-acetyltransferase 2 phenotypes in cryopreserved human hepatocytes. Arch Toxicol. 2017;91:2655-2661 pubmed publisher..These results further support phenotypic heterogeneity among NAT2 slow acetylator genotypes, consistent with differential risks of drug failure or toxicity and cancer associated with carcinogen exposure. ..
- Hein D, Doll M. Catalytic properties and heat stabilities of novel recombinant human N-acetyltransferase 2 allozymes support existence of genetic heterogeneity within the slow acetylator phenotype. Arch Toxicol. 2017;91:2827-2835 pubmed publisher..05) higher than NAT2 4. These results provide further evidence of genetic heterogeneity within the NAT2 slow acetylator phenotype. ..
- Hein D, Doll M. Rabbit N-acetyltransferase 2 genotyping method to investigate role of acetylation polymorphism on N- and O-acetylation of aromatic and heterocyclic amine carcinogens. Arch Toxicol. 2017;91:3185-3188 pubmed publisher..The new NAT2 genotyping method facilitates use of the rabbit model to investigate the role of acetylator polymorphism in the metabolism of aromatic and heterocyclic amine drugs and carcinogens. ..
- Allen C, Doll M, Hein D. N-Acetyltransferase 2 Genotype-Dependent N-Acetylation of Hydralazine in Human Hepatocytes. Drug Metab Dispos. 2017;45:1276-1281 pubmed publisher..Our results clearly document NAT2 genotype-dependent N-acetylation of hydralazine in human hepatocytes, suggesting that hydralazine efficacy and safety could be improved by NAT2 genotype-dependent dosing strategies. ..
- Hein D, Zhang X, Doll M. Role of N-acetyltransferase 2 acetylation polymorphism in 4, 4'-methylene bis (2-chloroaniline) biotransformation. Toxicol Lett. 2018;283:100-105 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results show that NAT2 acetylator genotype has an important role in MOCA metabolism and suggest that risk assessments related to MOCA exposures consider accounting for NAT2 acetylator phenotype in the analysis. ..