Lisa J Heaton
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Computerized dental injection fear treatment: a randomized clinical trialL J Heaton
Department of Oral Health Sciences, University of Washington School of Dentistry, Seattle, WA, USA
J Dent Res 92:S37-42. 2013..CARL, therefore, led to significant changes in self-reported fear in study participants, but no significant differences in the proportion of participants having a dental injection (ClinicalTrials.gov, NCT00609648)...
- Propranolol and D-cycloserine as adjunctive medications in reducing dental fear in sedation practiceLisa J Heaton
Dental Fears Research Clinic, Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, Box 357475, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7475, USA
SAAD Dig 26:27-35. 2010....
- Development and validation of the Spanish Interval Scale of Anxiety Response (ISAR)Lisa J Heaton
Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98915 7475, USA
Anesth Prog 54:100-8. 2007..Additionally, the results of these studies highlight the importance of thoroughly testing translated measures to ensure they are accurately assessing that which they purport to measure...
- Predicting anxiety during dental treatment using patients'self-reports: less is moreLisa J Heaton
University of Washington, Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, Seattle, WA 98195 7475, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 138:188-95; quiz 248-9. 2007..Self-reported dental fear measures seldom are used in clinical practice to assess patients' fears. This study examined how well dental fear measures predicted anxious behaviors displayed during dental treatment...
- The effects of dental anxiety and irregular attendance on referral for dental treatment under sedation within the National Health Service in LondonPeter Milgrom
Dental Fears Research Clinic, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7475, USA
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 38:453-9. 2010..To investigate whether the relationship between dental anxiety and referral for treatment under sedation is explained by attendance patterns and oral health...
- The challenge of sedation with adolescents: case studies and clinical recommendationsTrilby Coolidge
Dental Public Health Sciences, Box 357475, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
SAAD Dig 25:29-36. 2009..Working with adolescents' individual coping styles, rather than expecting consistently adult behaviour, will ideally help decrease frustration and improve treatment outcome...
- Enhancing sedation treatment for the long- term: pre-treatment behavioural exposurePeter Milgrom
Department of Sedation and Special Care Dentistry, King s College Dental Institute, London
SAAD Dig 23:29-34. 2007
- Treating dentin hypersensitivity: therapeutic choices made by dentists of the northwest PRECEDENT networkJoana Cunha-Cruz
Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific St, Box 357475, Seattle, Wash 98195 7475, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 141:1097-105. 2010..Methods. Via an Internet survey, the authors collected data regarding methods used for diagnosis and treatment of dentin hypersensitivity from 209 Northwest PRECEDENT dentists...
- Development of labeled magnitude scales for the assessment of pain of dentin hypersensitivityLisa J Heaton
Department of Oral Health Sciences, University of Washinghton, Seattle, WA, USA
J Orofac Pain 27:72-81. 2013..To develop and test labeled magnitude (LM) scales that are sensitive to variations in pain associated with dentin hypersensitivity (DH)...
- Unmet dental need in community-dwelling adults with mental illness: results from the 2007 Medical Expenditure Panel SurveyLisa J Heaton
Department of Oral Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, 1959 N E Pacific St, Box 357475, Seattle, Wash 98195 7475, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 144:e16-23. 2013..Mental illness (MI) affects approximately one in five U.S. adults, and it is associated with oral disease and poor dental treatment outcomes. Little is known about dental care utilization or unmet dental need in this population...
- Factors influencing use of dental services in rural and urban communities: considerations for practitioners in underserved areasLisa J Heaton
A 219 Kentucky Clinic, College of Dentistry, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0284, USA
J Dent Educ 68:1081-9. 2004..They have unique opportunities to provide education to their patients regarding the importance of dental care and the role of oral health in overall physical health...
- Fear of dental care: are we making any progress?Timothy A Smith
Behavioral Science Department, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536 0086, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 134:1101-8. 2003..Dental anxiety has been a well-studied phenomenon since the late 1960s. The purpose of this literature review was to compare self-reported levels of dental anxiety during the past 50 years...