Patricia L Haynes
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Affective state and EEG sleep profile in response to rapid tryptophan depletion in recently recovered nonmedicated depressed individualsPatricia L Haynes
SDSU UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, USA
J Affect Disord 83:253-62. 2004..TFD is thought to reduce cerebral serotonin, a neurotransmitter implicated in depression. Some studies report that TFD reverses the antidepressant and REM-suppression effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)...
- The role of behavioral sleep medicine in the assessment and treatment of sleep disordered breathingPatricia L Haynes
Department of Psychology, University of Arizona, 1503 E University Blvd, Building 68, Tucson, AZ 85721, United States
Clin Psychol Rev 25:673-705. 2005..The assimilation of behavioral sleep medicine specialists into sleep clinics is likely to improve the overall quality of care for patients with SDB...
- Examination of insomnia and insomnia treatment in psychiatric inpatientsPatricia L Haynes
Southern Arizona VA Health Care System, University of Arizona, Department of Psychiatry, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5002, USA
Int J Ment Health Nurs 20:130-6. 2011..Group therapy for insomnia might be a particularly useful treatment option given polypharmacy and substance dependency issues often arising in this population...
- Insomnia treatments: moving from efficacy to effectivenessPatricia L Haynes
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Arizona, 1501 N Campbell Ave, PO Box 245002, Tucson, AZ 85724 5002, USA
J Clin Psychol 66:1131-6. 2010..In this article, the authors identify and refute commonly held myths that might hinder the treatment of sleep problems. They conclude by introducing the seven articles that constitute this special issue...
- A national survey of the effect of sleep medicine specialists and American Academy of Sleep Medicine Accreditation on management of obstructive sleep apneaSairam Parthasarathy
Southern Arizona Veterans Administration Health Care System, Tucson, AZ 85723, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:133-42. 2006..To study the effect of American Academy of Sleep Medicine accreditation of sleep centers and sleep-medicine certification of physicians on the management of patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)...
- Parental involvement, psychological distress, and sleep: a preliminary examination in sleep-disturbed adolescents with a history of substance abuseJennifer C Cousins
Department of Educational Psychology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
J Fam Psychol 21:104-13. 2007..These data indicate that psychological distress is important to consider when examining the relationship between parental involvement and sleep in adolescents...
- Disrupting life events and the sleep-wake cycle in depressionPatricia L Haynes
University of Arizona, Department of Psychiatry, Tucson, AZ 85724 5002, USA
Psychol Med 36:1363-73. 2006..The goal of this study was to test whether participants with major depressive disorder have a greater disruption of daily sleep and motor activity following disrupting life events when compared to normal controls...
- Sleep and aggression in substance-abusing adolescents: results from an integrative behavioral sleep-treatment pilot programPatricia L Haynes
Department of Psychology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5002, USA
Sleep 29:512-20. 2006..g., less total sleep time across treatment) than adolescents with no aggressive thoughts or actions after treatment...
- Illuminating the impact of habitual behaviors in depressionPatricia L Haynes
San Diego State University University of California, San Diego Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego, California, USA
Chronobiol Int 22:279-97. 2005..Longitudinal studies are needed to empirically demonstrate the direction of relationships between each of the variables tested...
- Effects of a behavioral sleep medicine intervention on trauma symptoms in adolescents recently treated for substance abuseSally Stevens
University of Arizona, Southwest Institution for Research on Women, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Subst Abus 28:21-31. 2007....
- Nightmares, insomnia, and sleep-disordered breathing in fire evacuees seeking treatment for posttraumatic sleep disturbanceBarry Krakow
Sleep and Human Health Institute, 6739 Academy NE, Suite 380, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87109, USA
J Trauma Stress 17:257-68. 2004....