Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Management of the patient with progressive radioiodine non-responsive diseaseB R Haugen
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Semin Surg Oncol 16:34-41. 1999..Chemotherapy may prove useful not only as a tumoricidal agent but as therapy for tumor re-differentiation in preparation for radioiodine therapy...
- Retinoid X receptor gamma-deficient mice have increased skeletal muscle lipoprotein lipase activity and less weight gain when fed a high-fat dietBryan R Haugen
Division of Endocrinology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Endocrinology 145:3679-85. 2004..An understanding of the mechanisms governing the role of RXR in TG disposal and metabolism may lead to the rational design of RXR-selective agonists and antagonists that may be useful in common disorders such as dyslipidemia and obesity...
- Redifferentiation therapy in advanced thyroid cancerBryan R Haugen
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, B151, 4200 E 9 Ave, Denver 80262, USA
Curr Drug Targets Immune Endocr Metabol Disord 4:175-80. 2004..Development of these and other novel agents for the treatment of advanced thyroid cancer is critical for us to treat an uncommon progression of a common malignancy...
- Towards improving the utility of fine-needle aspiration biopsy for the diagnosis of thyroid tumoursBryan R Haugen
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 56:281-90. 2002
- Clinical comparison of whole-body radioiodine scan and serum thyroglobulin after stimulation with recombinant human thyrotropinBryan R Haugen
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
Thyroid 12:37-43. 2002..In our practice, an rhTSH-stimulated Tg greater than 4-5 ng/mL often resulted in further evaluation, while a Tg less than 4 ng/mL rarely resulted in further immediate evaluation...
- Initial treatment of differentiated thyroid carcinomaB R Haugen
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, B151, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 1:139-45. 2000..In this review, we have hopefully distilled much of that information into a proposed current therapeutic approach to individual patients with differentiated thyroid cancer...
- In vivo and microarray analysis of rexinoid-responsive anaplastic thyroid carcinomaJoshua P Klopper
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:589-96. 2008..Additionally, we explore potential mediators of the rexinoid effect on a responsive anaplastic thyroid cancer using comparative microarray analysis...
- Outcomes of patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma following initial therapyJacqueline Jonklaas
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Thyroid 16:1229-42. 2006..We were unable to show any impact, positive or negative, of specific therapies in stage I patients...
- Quantitative and qualitative differences in protein expression between papillary thyroid carcinoma and normal thyroid tissueLewis M Brown
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pulmonary Medicine, The University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, 80045, USA
Mol Carcinog 45:613-26. 2006..Many of the differences observed would not have been detected by genomic or other proteomic approaches...
- Iodine biokinetics and dosimetry in radioiodine therapy of thyroid cancer: procedures and results of a prospective international controlled study of ablation after rhTSH or hormone withdrawalHeribert Hänscheid
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Nuklearmedizin, Universitat Wurzburg, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Nucl Med 47:648-54. 2006..7 GBq (131)I in differentiated thyroid cancer after stimulation with recombinant human TSH (rhTSH) or by thyroid hormone withdrawal (THW) are presented...
- A comparison of short-term changes in health-related quality of life in thyroid carcinoma patients undergoing diagnostic evaluation with recombinant human thyrotropin compared with thyroid hormone withdrawalPamela R Schroeder
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, 1830 East Monument Street, Suite 333, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:878-84. 2006..Levothyroxine (L-T4) withdrawal for thyroglobulin measurement and whole body scanning increases these tests' sensitivities but causes hypothyroidism. Recombinant human TSH (rhTSH) enables testing without L-T4 withdrawal...
- Effects of rexinoids on thyrotrope function and the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axisVibha Sharma
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, MS 8106, P O Box 6511, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Endocrinology 147:1438-51. 2006..Rexinoids also stimulate type 1 iodothyronine deiodinase activity in the liver and pituitary...
- Single-dose rexinoid rapidly and specifically suppresses serum thyrotropin in normal subjectsWendy M Golden
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Building RC 1 South Tower, MS 8106 12801 East 17th Avenue, PO Box 6511, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:124-30. 2007..The influence of rexinoids on thyroid function in healthy subjects is not clear...
- Retinoid X receptor-gamma and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma expression predicts thyroid carcinoma cell response to retinoid and thiazolidinedione treatmentJoshua P Klopper
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Cancer Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Box B151, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 3:1011-20. 2004..Additionally, expression of both RXRgamma and PPARgamma may be necessary for maximal growth inhibition by ligands and may be required for the increased apoptosis...
- Patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma benefit from radioiodine remnant ablationBryan R Haugen
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3665-7. 2004
- Excessive survivin expression in thyroid lymphomasMasahiro Sugawara
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Molecular Pathology Division, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Greater Los Angeles Veteran s Affairs Medical Center and UCLA School of Medicine, 90073, USA
Hum Pathol 33:524-7. 2002..Our study shows that measuring survivin mRNA levels or immunohistochemistry of the protein expression can be useful to aid the diagnosis of thyroid lymphoma when histologic diagnosis is difficult...
- Isolation and functional analysis of the mouse RXRgamma1 gene promoter in anterior pituitary cellsNicole B McDermott
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, University of Colorado Cancer Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 277:36839-44. 2002..Isolation and characterization of the mouse RXRgamma1 promoter region provides a tool for further investigation focusing on thyrotrope-specific gene expression as well as negative regulation of genes by retinoic acid...
- Congenital isolated central hypothyroidism caused by a "hot spot" mutation in the thyrotropin-beta geneMichael T McDermott
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Thyroid 12:1141-6. 2002..quot;..
- Retinoic acid and retinoid X receptors are differentially expressed in thyroid cancer and thyroid carcinoma cell lines and predict response to treatment with retinoidsBryan R Haugen
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Cancer Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:272-80. 2004..In summary, we identified the RARbeta and RXRgamma isoform to be differentially expressed in thyroid cancer cell lines and tumor tissue. These isoforms seem to predict response to retinoid therapy in thyroid cancer cell lines...
- The management of subclinical hyperthyroidism by thyroid specialistsMichael T McDermott
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, and Division of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80010, USA
Thyroid 13:1133-9. 2003..In the absence of adequate evidence-based guidelines, it is hoped that this survey of expert opinions may provide useful guidance for physicians providing care for patients with subclinical hyperthyroidism...
- Uses for recombinant human TSH in patients with thyroid cancer and nodular goiterWhitney W Woodmansee
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 61:163-73. 2004..The diagnostic and therapeutic role of rhTSH in patients with differentiated thyroid cancer and nodular goiter will be discussed in this review...
- Expanding indications for recombinant human TSH in thyroid cancerBryan R Haugen
Thyroid 18:687-94. 2008
- Management guidelines for patients with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancerDavid S Cooper
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, MD, USA
Thyroid 16:109-42. 2006
- Tumor-specific changes in mtDNA content in human cancerElizabeth Mambo
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Head and Neck Cancer Research Division, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Int J Cancer 116:920-4. 2005..Our findings suggest that mtDNA content can be used as a molecular diagnostic tool to help identify genetic abnormalities in human tumors...
- The use of a combination of galectin-3 and thyroid peroxidase for the diagnosis and prognosis of thyroid cancerKatie B Weber
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 122:524-31. 2004..TPO alone is not adequately sensitive for the evaluation of any thyroid lesion. The combination of galectin-3 and TPO is complementary as a diagnostic and prognostic tool for patients with papillary carcinoma...
- Correlation of survivin mRNA detection with histologic diagnosis in normal endometrium and endometrial carcinomaRainer Lehner
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, East Ninth Avenue, Denver, Colarado, USA
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:162-7. 2002..The objective of this study was to determine if survivin mRNA expression is a marker of endometrioid adenocarcinoma and if survivin mRNA levels correlate with tumor grade and stage...
- Discovery and validation of protein abundance differences between follicular thyroid neoplasmsRomana T Netea-Maier
Department of Endocrinology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 68:1572-80. 2008..Three of these were validated by immunohistochemistry. These findings provide further insights into the diagnosis, prognosis, and pathophysiology of follicular-derived thyroid neoplasms...
- ROLE OF RETINOIDS AND RECEPTORS IN THYROTROPE FUNCTIONBRYAN HAUGEN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Thiazolidinediones as Thyroid Cancer TherapyBRYAN HAUGEN; Fiscal Year: 2009....