Affiliation: University of Virginia
- No comfort in the rural South: women living depressedEmily J Hauenstein
University of Virginia School of Nursing, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0782, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 17:3-11. 2003..Although the problems of treatment and research with this population are daunting, there is an opportunity for imagination, innovation, and creativity in devising local solutions to local problems...
- Depression in adolescenceEmily J Hauenstein
University of Virginia, School of Nursing, Charlottesville 22908 0782, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 32:239-48. 2003..These measures can prevent premature death and promote long-term well-being of the adolescent...
- Rurality, gender, and mental health treatmentEmily J Hauenstein
University of Virginia, School of Nursing, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Fam Community Health 29:169-85. 2006..There is a considerable unmet need for mental health services in most rural areas. The general health sector does not seem to contribute remarkably to mental health services for women in these areas...
- Prevalence of major depressive episodes in rural women using primary careEmily J Hauenstein
Thomas A Saunders III Family Professor of Nursing at the University of Virginia, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 18:185-202. 2007..We estimate that 44.3% of the population of women using the CHC had MDE. These findings underscore the need for mental health services in rural primary care, especially in facilities serving impoverished women...
- Electronic screening for mental health in rural primary care: feasibility and user testingSarah P Farrell
School of Nursing, Department of Systems and Information Engineering, and Division of General Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0782, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 27:93-8. 2009..The longer term goals of the research program are to work with rural nurses to improve patient outcomes and develop interventions and for educational, consultation, and/or direct clinical care...
- Building the rural mental health system: from De Facto system to quality careEmily J Hauenstein
Southeastern Rural Mental Health Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Annu Rev Nurs Res 26:143-73. 2008....
- Electronic screening for mental health in rural primary care: implementationSarah P Farrell
School of Nursing, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0782, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 30:165-73. 2009..This paper reports on Phase III, which assessed consumer response to eScreening...
- Rurality and mental health treatmentEmily J Hauenstein
University of Virginia School of Nursing, McLeod Hall, Box 800872, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 34:255-67. 2007..Findings suggest rural community size and adjacency to metropolitan areas influence treatment rates...
- Pilot testing Okay With Asthma: an online asthma intervention for school-age childrenTami H Wyatt
University of Tennessee Knoxville, College of Nursing
J Sch Nurs 24:145-50. 2008..Okay With Asthma specifically targets school-age children and teaches them how to use school resources and peers while managing their asthma...
- Mental Health Treatment for Rural Poor and MinoritiesEmily Hauenstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..By addressing the pressing need to reduce disparities in mental health care, our research will inform mental health policy with regard to services delivery systems for rural impoverished and minority populations. ..