Affiliation: University of Virginia
- No comfort in the rural South: women living depressedEmily J Hauenstein
University of Virginia School of Nursing, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0782, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 17:3-11. 2003..Although the problems of treatment and research with this population are daunting, there is an opportunity for imagination, innovation, and creativity in devising local solutions to local problems...
- Depression in adolescenceEmily J Hauenstein
University of Virginia, School of Nursing, Charlottesville 22908 0782, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 32:239-48. 2003..These measures can prevent premature death and promote long-term well-being of the adolescent...
- Rurality, gender, and mental health treatmentEmily J Hauenstein
University of Virginia, School of Nursing, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Fam Community Health 29:169-85. 2006..There is a considerable unmet need for mental health services in most rural areas. The general health sector does not seem to contribute remarkably to mental health services for women in these areas...
- Prevalence of major depressive episodes in rural women using primary careEmily J Hauenstein
Thomas A Saunders III Family Professor of Nursing at the University of Virginia, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 18:185-202. 2007..We estimate that 44.3% of the population of women using the CHC had MDE. These findings underscore the need for mental health services in rural primary care, especially in facilities serving impoverished women...
- Electronic screening for mental health in rural primary care: feasibility and user testingSarah P Farrell
School of Nursing, Department of Systems and Information Engineering, and Division of General Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0782, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 27:93-8. 2009..The longer term goals of the research program are to work with rural nurses to improve patient outcomes and develop interventions and for educational, consultation, and/or direct clinical care...
- Building the rural mental health system: from De Facto system to quality careEmily J Hauenstein
Southeastern Rural Mental Health Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Annu Rev Nurs Res 26:143-73. 2008....
- Electronic screening for mental health in rural primary care: implementationSarah P Farrell
School of Nursing, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0782, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 30:165-73. 2009..This paper reports on Phase III, which assessed consumer response to eScreening...
- Rurality and mental health treatmentEmily J Hauenstein
University of Virginia School of Nursing, McLeod Hall, Box 800872, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 34:255-67. 2007..Findings suggest rural community size and adjacency to metropolitan areas influence treatment rates...
- Pilot testing Okay With Asthma: an online asthma intervention for school-age childrenTami H Wyatt
University of Tennessee Knoxville, College of Nursing
J Sch Nurs 24:145-50. 2008..Okay With Asthma specifically targets school-age children and teaches them how to use school resources and peers while managing their asthma...