Genomes and Genes
Dominik R Haudenschild
Affiliation: University of California
- Rho kinase-dependent activation of SOX9 in chondrocytesDominik R Haudenschild
The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:191-200. 2010..However, the mechanisms linking ROCK to altered chondrocyte gene expression remain unknown. The purpose of the present study was to test for a direct interaction between ROCK and SOX9...
- Vimentin contributes to changes in chondrocyte stiffness in osteoarthritisDominik R Haudenschild
Shiley Center for Orthopaedic Research and Education at Scripps Clinic, 11025 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Orthop Res 29:20-5. 2011..This 3D experimental system revealed contributions of vimentin to chondrocyte stiffness previously not apparent, and correlated changes in vimentin-based chondrocyte stiffness with osteoarthritis...
- Enhanced activity of transforming growth factor β1 (TGF-β1) bound to cartilage oligomeric matrix proteinDominik R Haudenschild
Lawrence J Ellison Musculoskeletal Research Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Biol Chem 286:43250-8. 2011..Finally, we show that COMP-bound TGF-β1 causes increased TGF-β1-dependent transcription. We conclude that TGF-β1 binds to COMP and that TGF-β1 bound to COMP has enhanced bioactivity...
- Rho kinase-dependent CCL20 induced by dynamic compression of human chondrocytesDominik R Haudenschild
Scripps Research Institute, and Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:2735-42. 2008..Reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton results from Rho GTPase activation. The purpose of this study was to examine the roles of both actin and Rho in mechanotransduction in chondrocytes...
- Identification of a 3Kbp mechanoresponsive promoter region in the human cartilage oligomeric matrix protein geneDerek F Amanatullah
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 18:1882-9. 2012..This information is critical to understanding how mechanical force regulates the transcriptional activation of cartilage genes in three-dimensional culture...
- Generation of interleukin-17 receptor-like protein (IL-17RL) in prostate by alternative splicing of RNADominik R Haudenschild
Center for Tissue Regeneration and Repair, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of California, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Prostate 66:1268-74. 2006..Predominant IL-17RL splice isoform variants have not been identified, hindering functional studies...
- Immunolocalization of IL-17A, IL-17B, and their receptors in chondrocytes during fracture healingTakeshi Kokubu
Center for Tissue Regeneration and Repair, Department of Orthopedics, University of California, School of Medicine, 4635 Second Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 56:89-95. 2008..Moreover, we found significant parallels to the localization of these cytokines and their receptors in chondrocytes during an endochondral differentiation program in the epiphyseal growth plate...
- Bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-6 signaling and BMP antagonist noggin in prostate cancerDominik R Haudenschild
Center for Tissue Regeneration and Repair, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Cancer Res 64:8276-84. 2004....
- The oncogene LRF is a survival factor in chondrosarcoma and contributes to tumor malignancy and drug resistanceRatna Kumari
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Lawrence J Ellison Musculoskeletal Research Center, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Carcinogenesis 33:2076-83. 2012..Our data implicate the potential role of LRF as both a diagnostic marker and therapeutic target for chondrosarcomas...