Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Expression of winged helix genes, BF-1 and BF-2, define adjacent domains within the developing forebrain and retinaV Hatini
Cell Biology and Genetics Program, Sloan Kettering Division, Cornell University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021
J Neurobiol 25:1293-309. 1994..These observations suggest that in addition to playing a role in the subdivision of the forebrain, these two WH factors may also function to establish positional information in the retinal neuroepithelium...
- Distinct signals generate repeating striped pattern in the embryonic parasegmentV Hatini
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell 7:151-60. 2001..Thus, a distinct inductive event is used to initiate each element of the repeating striped pattern...
- Divide and conquer: pattern formation in Drosophila embryonic epidermisV Hatini
Dept Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Trends Genet 17:574-9. 2001..Here, we review several recent reports that help to elucidate the regulatory principles used to control this pattern. Because organizers are conserved, the same fundamental principles might operate in other organizers...
- Tissue- and stage-specific modulation of Wingless signaling by the segment polarity gene linesV Hatini
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 USA
Genes Dev 14:1364-76. 2000..Lin can accumulate in the cytoplasm of cells signaled by Hh, suggesting that Hh antagonizes Wg function by prohibiting Lin from entering the nucleus...
- Mutual antagonism between signals secreted by adjacent wingless and engrailed cells leads to specification of complementary regions of the Drosophila parasegmentU Gritzan
Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania Medical School, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Development 126:4107-15. 1999..Reciprocally, the Engrailed/Hedgehog interface imposes asymmetry on Wg signaling. Thus, a bipartite organizer, with each signal acting essentially unidirectionally, specifies segmental pattern...
- Dorsal-ventral patterning defects in the eye of BF-1-deficient mice associated with a restricted loss of shh expressionS Huh
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, 10021, USA
Dev Biol 211:53-63. 1999..This localized deficit in shh expression may also contribute to the prominence of the ventral defects in the telencephalon of the BF-1(-/-) mutant...
- Essential role of stromal mesenchyme in kidney morphogenesis revealed by targeted disruption of Winged Helix transcription factor BF-2V Hatini
Cell Biology Program and Division of Endocrinology, Cornell University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genes Dev 10:1467-78. 1996....