David S Hatem
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Becoming a doctor: fostering humane caregivers through creative writingD Hatem
University of Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester 01655, USA
Patient Educ Couns 45:13-22. 2001..Themes covered are of concern to second-year medical students as well as other trainees and practicing physicians. Writing may aid in the professional development of physicians...
- Challenges and opportunities for patients with HIV who educate health professionalsDavid S Hatem
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, and Geriatrics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Teach Learn Med 15:98-105. 2003..Patient perspectives are valuable for clinical care and teaching...
- Teaching the medical interview: methods and key learning issues in a faculty development courseDavid S Hatem
American Academy on Communication in Healthcare, Chesterfield, MO, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:1718-24. 2007..To describe the American Academy on Communication in Healthcare's (AACH) Faculty Development Course on Teaching the Medical Interview and report a single year's outcomes...
- Applying patient perspectives on caring to curriculum developmentDavid Hatem
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Patient Educ Couns 72:367-73. 2008..To report how patient viewpoints on caring inform curriculum development for teaching sessions on delivering bad news, making the transition to palliative care, and communicating about a medical error...
- Development and implementation of an objective structured teaching exercise (OSTE) to evaluate improvement in feedback skills following a faculty development workshopSarah Stone
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Community Faculty Development Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Teach Learn Med 15:7-13. 2003..Faculty development programs focusing on teaching have become widespread...
- Not the same everywhere. Patient-centered learning environments at nine medical schoolsPaul Haidet
the Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:405-9. 2006..However, many of these studies occurred at single medical schools and used time-intensive ethnographic methods. This field of inquiry lacks survey methods and information about how learning environments differ across medical schools...