Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Reconceptualising failure to rescue in midwifery: a concept analysisMarie Hastings-Tolsma
University of Colorado Denver, College of Nursing, 13120 E 19th Avenue, P O Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA 2012 2013 Fulbright U S Scholar, University of Johannesburg, Department of Nursing Sciences, South Africa Electronic address
Midwifery 30:585-94. 2014..to reconceptualise the concept of failure to rescue, distinguishing it from its current scientific usage as a surveillance strategy to recognise physiologic decline...
- Comparative effectiveness research: nursing science and health care deliveryMarie Hastings-Tolsma
University of Colorado College of Nursing, Division of Women, Children and Family Health, Denver, CO, USA
West J Nurs Res 35:683-702. 2013..This article describes the development of CER, approaches to designing and analyzing this research, and resources useful in generating such knowledge by nurse scientists...
- Complementary medicine use by nurse midwives in the U.SMarie Hastings-Tolsma
University of Colorado Denver, 13120 East 19th Avenue C 288, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Complement Ther Clin Pract 15:212-9. 2009..Virtually all CAM user respondents utilized at least one diet and lifestyle therapy...
- Sterilization decision making among medically at-risk obese pregnant womenMarie Hastings-Tolsma
University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, USA
Qual Health Res 20:743-54. 2010..Participants made sterilization decisions in their personal and social contexts, and then shared the decision with their providers, whom they often perceived as challenging that decision...
- A profile of Colorado nurse--midwives: implications for health careMarie Hastings-Tolsma
College of Nursing Education 2 North, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
West J Nurs Res 31:24-43. 2009..Findings are compared to known national data, with implications for the provision of health care services detailed...
- Down the rabbit hole: examining outcomes of nurse midwifery careDeborah Vincent
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Denver, Colo, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 19:361-7. 2004..Findings suggest that more sensitive cost and quality indicators of nurse midwifery care need to be developed, and the effect of these on outcomes needs to be elucidated...
- Treatment patterns and outcomes in a low-risk nurse-midwifery practiceMarie Hastings-Tolsma
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Appl Nurs Res 22:10-7. 2009....