Barbara A Hastie
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Ethnicity interacts with the OPRM1 gene in experimental pain sensitivityBarbara A Hastie
Department of Community Dentistry and Behavioral Science, University of Florida College of Dentistry, Gainesville, FL 32610 3628, USA
Pain 153:1610-9. 2012..These findings demonstrate an ethnicity-dependent association of OPRM1 genotype with pain sensitivity. Additional research is warranted to uncover the mechanisms influencing these relationships...
- Cluster analysis of multiple experimental pain modalitiesBarbara A Hastie
University of Florida College of Dentistry, Division of Public Health Services and Research, 1600 SW Archer Road, HSC D8 37, P O Box 100404, Gainesville, FL 32610 0404, USA
Pain 116:227-37. 2005..These findings highlight the need for future investigation to identify patterns of responses across different pain modalities in order to more accurately characterize individual differences in responses to experimental pain...
- Ethnic differences and responses to pain in healthy young adultsBarbara A Hastie
University of Florida College of Dentistry, Division of Public Health Services and Research, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Pain Med 6:61-71. 2005..These findings may have important implications for understanding ethnic differences in responses to clinical pain and for tailoring treatment approaches to eliminate disparities...
- Ethnic differences in pain coping: factor structure of the coping strategies questionnaire and coping strategies questionnaire-revisedBarbara A Hastie
University of Florida College of Dentistry, Division of Public Health Services and Research, Gainesville 32608, USA
J Pain 5:304-16. 2004..These findings support the use of the CSQ-R to assess coping in African Americans and in healthy young adults. Additional clinical research is needed to determine the practical importance of group differences in pain coping...
- Cognitive-affective and somatic side effects of morphine and pentazocine: side-effect profiles in healthy adultsJoseph L Riley
Department of Community Dentistry and Behavioral Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 3628, USA
Pain Med 11:195-206. 2010....
- Sex-related psychological predictors of baseline pain perception and analgesic responses to pentazocineRoger B Fillingim
University of Florida College of Dentistry, Public Health Services and Research, 1600 SW Archer Road, Room D8 44A, P O Box 100404, Gainesville, FL 32610 0404, USA
Biol Psychol 69:97-112. 2005..These findings indicate sex-dependent associations of psychological factors with baseline pain perception, analgesic responses, and medication side effects...
- Morphine responses and experimental pain: sex differences in side effects and cardiovascular responses but not analgesiaRoger B Fillingim
Public Health Services and Research, University of Florida College of Dentistry, 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32610 0404, USA
J Pain 6:116-24. 2005..These results suggest that sex differences in responses to morphine might depend on the pain model and/or drug dose as well as the specific end point assessed...
- Individual differences in opioid efficacy for chronic noncancer painJoseph L Riley
Department of Community Dentistry and Behavioral Science, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 3628, USA
Clin J Pain 24:509-20. 2008..Over a decade ago, Jamison noted the lack of studies that identify patient profiles or specific groups that might be best suited for opioid treatment of chronic noncancer pain...
- Chronic facial pain in the female patient: treatment updatesFranci Stavropoulos
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Diagnostic Sciences, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am 19:245-58, vii. 2007..This article provides oral and maxillofacial surgeons with evidence-based data on the issues of chronic pain between the sexes to suggest alternative approaches to the management of pain in their male and female patients...
- Ethnic identity predicts experimental pain sensitivity in African Americans and HispanicsF Bridgett Rahim-Williams
University of Florida, College of Dentistry, FL, USA
Pain 129:177-84. 2007....
- Multidimensional subgroups in migraine: differential treatment outcome to a pain medicine programPhilip J Davis
UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Los Angeles, California, USA
Pain Med 4:215-22. 2003..The present study compared two different approaches for deriving patient profiles on their ability to predict treatment outcome to a pain medicine program for migraine headache...
- Ethnic Differences in Acute Pain and Analgesic ResponseBarbara Hastie; Fiscal Year: 2007....