Afton L Hassett
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- The risk of suicide mortality in chronic pain patientsAfton L Hassett
Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Avenue, Lobby M, Ann Arbor, MI, 48104, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 18:436. 2014..However, in all likelihood, there are aspects of chronic pain itself that add uniquely to an individual's suicide risk profile. Lastly, we address a theoretical perspective and offer recommendations for clinical practice. ..
- Reports of chronic pain in childhood and adolescence among patients at a tertiary care pain clinicAfton L Hassett
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan Electronic address
J Pain 14:1390-7. 2013..82, 95% CI = 1.26-2.64), have slightly worse functional status (B = -2.12, t = -3.10, P = .002), and have increased anxiety (OR = 1.77, 95% CI = 1.24-2.52)...
- Pain is associated with short leukocyte telomere length in women with fibromyalgiaAfton L Hassett
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106, USA
J Pain 13:959-69. 2012..These preliminary data support a relationship between pain and telomere length...
- Assessment of health-related family role functioning in systemic lupus erythematosus: preliminary validation of a new measureAfton L Hassett
University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 64:1341-8. 2012..The objectives of this study were to pilot test and achieve preliminary validation for the SLE-FAMILY questionnaire...
- Longitudinal assessment of pain outcomes in the clinical setting: development of the "APOLO" electronic data capture systemAfton L Hassett
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 37:398-402. 2012..Data output converts easily to standard statistical programs. The creation of a pain outcomes database using validated measures and clinically relevant data is feasible...
- Non-pharmacological treatment of chronic widespread musculoskeletal painAfton L Hassett
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center, Domino s Farms, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 25:299-309. 2011..Lastly, the methods by which exercise and CBT can be combined for a multi-component approach, which is consistent with the current evidence-based guidelines of several American and European medical societies, are addressed...
- Burden of childhood-onset arthritisLakshmi N Moorthy
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School UMDNJ, Dept, of Pediatrics Room 1361, 89 French Street, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 8:20. 2010..Effective, well-designed and appropriately tailored interventions are required to improve transitioning to adult care, encourage future vocation/occupation, enhance school function and minimize burden on costs...
- Prevalence of the fibromyalgia phenotype in patients with spine pain presenting to a tertiary care pain clinic and the potential treatment implicationsChad M Brummett
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Arthritis Rheum 65:3285-92. 2013..We undertook this study to test the hypothesis that patients who have spine pain meeting survey criteria for FM would be phenotypically distinct from those who do not...
- Pain and depression: an integrative review of neurobiological and psychological factorsJenna Goesling
Department of Anesthesiology, Back and Pain Center, University of Michigan, Burlington Building 1, Suite 100, 325 E Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor, MI, 48108, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 15:421. 2013..The article also provides an overview of the evidence based treatment for comorbid pain and depression. ..
- Characteristics of chronic pain patients who take opioids and persistently report high pain intensityRonald A Wasserman
From the Departments of Anesthesiology and Biostatistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Reg Anesth Pain Med 39:13-7. 2014..Here, we assessed the relationship between reporting high levels of pain while taking opioids and the presence of characteristics associated with centralized pain...
- Cigarette smoking and pain: depressive symptoms mediate smoking-related pain symptomsJenna Goesling
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Pain 153:1749-54. 2012..Importantly, depressive symptoms emerged as a critical mediating factor in helping to explain the relationship between smoking and pain...