Afton L Hassett
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Pain is associated with short leukocyte telomere length in women with fibromyalgiaAfton L Hassett
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106, USA
J Pain 13:959-69. 2012..These preliminary data support a relationship between pain and telomere length...
- Assessment of health-related family role functioning in systemic lupus erythematosus: preliminary validation of a new measureAfton L Hassett
University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 64:1341-8. 2012..The objectives of this study were to pilot test and achieve preliminary validation for the SLE-FAMILY questionnaire...
- Longitudinal assessment of pain outcomes in the clinical setting: development of the "APOLO" electronic data capture systemAfton L Hassett
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 37:398-402. 2012..Data output converts easily to standard statistical programs. The creation of a pain outcomes database using validated measures and clinically relevant data is feasible...
- Non-pharmacological treatment of chronic widespread musculoskeletal painAfton L Hassett
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center, Domino s Farms, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 25:299-309. 2011..Lastly, the methods by which exercise and CBT can be combined for a multi-component approach, which is consistent with the current evidence-based guidelines of several American and European medical societies, are addressed...
- Burden of childhood-onset arthritisLakshmi N Moorthy
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School UMDNJ, Dept, of Pediatrics Room 1361, 89 French Street, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 8:20. 2010..Effective, well-designed and appropriately tailored interventions are required to improve transitioning to adult care, encourage future vocation/occupation, enhance school function and minimize burden on costs...
- Cigarette smoking and pain: depressive symptoms mediate smoking-related pain symptomsJenna Goesling
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Pain 153:1749-54. 2012..Importantly, depressive symptoms emerged as a critical mediating factor in helping to explain the relationship between smoking and pain...