Afton L Hassett
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- The risk of suicide mortality in chronic pain patientsAfton L Hassett
Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Avenue, Lobby M, Ann Arbor, MI, 48104, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 18:436. 2014..However, in all likelihood, there are aspects of chronic pain itself that add uniquely to an individual's suicide risk profile. Lastly, we address a theoretical perspective and offer recommendations for clinical practice. ..
- Reports of chronic pain in childhood and adolescence among patients at a tertiary care pain clinicAfton L Hassett
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan Electronic address
J Pain 14:1390-7. 2013..82, 95% CI = 1.26-2.64), have slightly worse functional status (B = -2.12, t = -3.10, P = .002), and have increased anxiety (OR = 1.77, 95% CI = 1.24-2.52)...
- Pain is associated with short leukocyte telomere length in women with fibromyalgiaAfton L Hassett
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106, USA
J Pain 13:959-69. 2012..These preliminary data support a relationship between pain and telomere length...
- Assessment of health-related family role functioning in systemic lupus erythematosus: preliminary validation of a new measureAfton L Hassett
University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 64:1341-8. 2012..The objectives of this study were to pilot test and achieve preliminary validation for the SLE-FAMILY questionnaire...
- Longitudinal assessment of pain outcomes in the clinical setting: development of the "APOLO" electronic data capture systemAfton L Hassett
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Reg Anesth Pain Med 37:398-402. 2012..Data output converts easily to standard statistical programs. The creation of a pain outcomes database using validated measures and clinically relevant data is feasible...
- Non-pharmacological treatment of chronic widespread musculoskeletal painAfton L Hassett
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center, Domino s Farms, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 25:299-309. 2011..Lastly, the methods by which exercise and CBT can be combined for a multi-component approach, which is consistent with the current evidence-based guidelines of several American and European medical societies, are addressed...
- Burden of childhood-onset arthritisLakshmi N Moorthy
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School UMDNJ, Dept, of Pediatrics Room 1361, 89 French Street, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 8:20. 2010..Effective, well-designed and appropriately tailored interventions are required to improve transitioning to adult care, encourage future vocation/occupation, enhance school function and minimize burden on costs...
- Prevalence of the fibromyalgia phenotype in patients with spine pain presenting to a tertiary care pain clinic and the potential treatment implicationsChad M Brummett
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Arthritis Rheum 65:3285-92. 2013..We undertook this study to test the hypothesis that patients who have spine pain meeting survey criteria for FM would be phenotypically distinct from those who do not...
- Pain and depression: an integrative review of neurobiological and psychological factorsJenna Goesling
Department of Anesthesiology, Back and Pain Center, University of Michigan, Burlington Building 1, Suite 100, 325 E Eisenhower Parkway, Ann Arbor, MI, 48108, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 15:421. 2013..The article also provides an overview of the evidence based treatment for comorbid pain and depression. ..
- Aberrant analgesic response to medial branch blocks in patients with characteristics of fibromyalgiaChad M Brummett
From the Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Pain Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, University of Michigan Medical School, and Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI and Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Reg Anesth Pain Med 40:249-54. 2015..To test this hypothesis, we conducted a retrospective study investigating the impact of having characteristics of fibromyalgia on the acute analgesic response to a first diagnostic medial branch block (MBB)...
- Characteristics of chronic pain patients who take opioids and persistently report high pain intensityRonald A Wasserman
From the Departments of Anesthesiology and Biostatistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Reg Anesth Pain Med 39:13-7. 2014..Here, we assessed the relationship between reporting high levels of pain while taking opioids and the presence of characteristics associated with centralized pain...
- Cigarette smoking and pain: depressive symptoms mediate smoking-related pain symptomsJenna Goesling
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Pain 153:1749-54. 2012..Importantly, depressive symptoms emerged as a critical mediating factor in helping to explain the relationship between smoking and pain...