Affiliation: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Melanotic Xp11 translocation renal cancer: report of a case with a unique intratumoral sarcoid-like reactionLauren L Ritterhouse
Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, BMSB 451 940 SL Young Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Diagn Pathol 9:81. 2014..To date, six confirmed melanotic Xp11 translocation cancers (five renal, one ovarian) have been reported in the literature...
- Use of mobile high-resolution device for remote frozen section evaluation of whole slide imagesJoel Ramey
Oklahoma University College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK
J Pathol Inform 2:41. 2011..Validation of the results with devices is important for practitioners and regulators. We evaluated the use of MVDs in frozen section (FS) interpretation...
- Digital slides and ACGME resident competencies in anatomic pathology: An altered paradigm for acquisition and assessmentLewis A Hassell
Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, USA
J Pathol Inform 2:27. 2011....
- Carcinoma involving the gallbladder: a retrospective review of 23 cases - pitfalls in diagnosis of gallbladder carcinomaTran H Giang
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Diagn Pathol 7:10. 2012..Despite the frequency of cholecystectomy, diagnosis of GBC remains problematic in many situations. We sought to identify pathologic features that contribute to the difficulty in recognition of GBC...
- Cytologic and molecular diagnosis of thyroid cancers: is it time for routine reflex testing?Lewis A Hassell
Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Cancer Cytopathol 120:7-17. 2012....
- Electronic capture and communication of synoptic cancer data elements from pathology reports: results of the Reporting Pathology Protocols 2 (RPP2) projectLewis Hassell
University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
J Registry Manag 36:117-24; quiz 163-5. 2009..The accuracy and completeness of electronically encoded data appears largely comparable to text-based data, but subject to the degree of synchrony between the formats of text-based and electronic reports...
- Challenges and opportunities in the adoption of College of American Pathologists checklists in electronic format: perspectives and experience of Reporting Pathology Protocols Project (RPP2) participant laboratoriesLewis A Hassell
Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:1152-9. 2010....
- Potential response to curcumin in infantile hemangioendothelioma of the liverLewis A Hassell
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 55:377-9. 2010..Implications for pathogenesis based on sites of action of curcumin are considered...
- The combined positive impact of Lean methodology and Ventana Symphony autostainer on histology lab workflowLewis A Hassell
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
BMC Clin Pathol 10:2. 2010..Here manual processes intersect with semi-automated processes creating a bottleneck. We compare alternate work processes in anatomic pathology primarily in the H&E staining work cell...