Affiliation: University of Michigan
- No independent association between insufficient sleep and childhood obesity in the National Survey of Children's HealthFauziya Hassan
Sleep Disorders Center and Department of Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 7:153-7. 2011..Prior studies have supported an association between insufficient sleep and childhood obesity, but most have not examined nationally representative samples or considered potential sociodemographic confounders...
- Hospital utilization and costs among children with influenza, 2003Fauziya Hassan
Division of Sleep Medicine, Child Health Evaluation and Research Unit, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5456, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:292-6. 2009..The objective of the current study was to characterize the national burden of influenza hospitalizations and to evaluate how hospital costs and length of stay varied among children diagnosed with influenza...
- Chronobiological patterns of acute aortic dissectionRajendra H Mehta
Division of Cardiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Circulation 106:1110-5. 2002..However, the effects of the time of the day, the day of the week, or monthly/seasonal changes on acute aortic dissection (AAD) have not been well studied...
- Spirometry use among pediatric primary care physiciansKevin J Dombkowski
Child Health Evaluation and Research Unit, School of Medicine, University of Michigan, Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, Division of General Pediatrics, 300 N Ingalls St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5456, USA
Pediatrics 126:682-7. 2010..This study explores the use of spirometry in primary care settings...
- Sleep duration predicts cardiometabolic risk in obese adolescentsHeidi B Iglayreger
The Laboratory for Physical Activity and Exercise Intervention Research, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
J Pediatr 164:1085-1090.e1. 2014..To examine the independent contributions of objectively measured sleep duration and fragmentation on cardiometabolic risk accumulation in free-living obese adolescents...
- Longer weekly sleep duration predicts greater 3-month BMI reduction among obese adolescents attending a clinical multidisciplinary weight management programBethany J Sallinen
Pediatric Comprehensive Weight Management Center, Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, Division of Child Behavioral Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Obes Facts 6:239-46. 2013..To determine whether baseline levels of self-reported sleep and sleep problems among obese adolescents referred to an outpatient multidisciplinary family-based weight management program predict reduction in BMI 3 months later...
- Obstructive sleep apnea after dynamic sphincter pharyngoplastyRussell E Ettinger
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Craniofac Surg 23:1974-6. 2012..Our global hypothesis is that OSA and VPI exist on a continuum and that speech outcomes should not be considered in isolation...