PATRICK ANTHONY JOHN HASLETT
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Thalidomide and a thalidomide analogue drug costimulate virus-specific CD8+ T cells in vitroPatrick A J Haslett
The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
J Infect Dis 187:946-55. 2003..This stimulatory effect was directed at CD8(+) T cells, and not DCs. These results suggest an application for thalidomide and the thalidomide analogue as a novel immune-adjuvant therapy in chronic viral infections...
- Effective treatment of erythema nodosum leprosum with thalidomide is associated with immune stimulationPatrick A J Haslett
Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
J Infect Dis 192:2045-53. 2005..Hence, the therapeutic effect of thalidomide in ENL appears to be associated with transient immune stimulation, which suggests that the drug may promote an active immunoregulatory response...
- Amplification of low-frequency antiviral CD8 T cell responses using autologous dendritic cellsMarie Larsson
Laboratory of Cellular Physiology and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY, USA
AIDS 16:171-80. 2002..To utilize the potent antigen-presenting capacity of mature dendritic cells (MDC) in order to develop a rapid, sensitive method for quantifying antigen-specific CD8 T cells present at low frequency in peripheral blood...
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis inhibits maturation of human monocyte-derived dendritic cells in vitroWillem A Hanekom
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Disease and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, 1550 NW 10th Avenue, Suite 211 D4 4, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Infect Dis 188:257-66. 2003..This mechanism, which has been described elsewhere for various viruses and for the virulent mycobacterium M. leprae, may be a novel mechanism that this pathogen uses to evade the host's immune response...
- Novel application of a whole blood intracellular cytokine detection assay to quantitate specific T-cell frequency in field studiesWillem A Hanekom
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
J Immunol Methods 291:185-95. 2004..The assay proved sensitive and specific for detecting mycobacteria-specific immunity 10 weeks after Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccination of newborns from a rural field site...
- PHARMACOLOGIC T CELL COSTIMULATION IN HIV DISEASEPatrick Haslett; Fiscal Year: 2005..If the results support the study hypothesis, a new approach to immune-based therapy for HIV disease will be suggested, as well as a rationale for clinical applications of an oral immune adjuvant drug. ..