W L Hasler
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Hasler W. Traditional thoughts on the pathophysiology of irritable bowel syndrome. Gastroenterol Clin North Am. 2011;40:21-43 pubmed publisher..Contributions from psychosocial disturbances are observed in patients from tertiary centers and primary practice. Proof of causation of symptom genesis for most of these factors is limited. ..
- Hasler W. Newest Drugs for Chronic Unexplained Nausea and Vomiting. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2016;14:371-385 pubmed..This current research may broaden the treatment options for refractory cases of unexplained nausea and vomiting. ..
- Lee A, Hasler W. Opioids and GI Motility-Friend or Foe?. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2016;14:478-494 pubmed..This chapter will review the pathophysiology of OBD, including OINV and OIC, and treatment options available. ..
- Hasler W. Nausea, gastroparesis, and aerophagia. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2005;39:S223-9 pubmed..There are no pharmaceutical remedies for this condition; thus, therapy relies on behavioral treatments...
- Hasler W. The irritable bowel syndrome. Med Clin North Am. 2002;86:1525-51 pubmed..Therapeutic options include dietary modifications, counseling, medications, and psychologic treatments. Novel therapies are being investigated to correct potentially pathogenetic peripheral and CNS abnormalities in IBS...
- Hasler W, Wilson L, Parkman H, Koch K, Abell T, Nguyen L, et al. Factors related to abdominal pain in gastroparesis: contrast to patients with predominant nausea and vomiting. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2013;25:427-38, e300-1 pubmed publisher..This study related pain to clinical factors in gastroparesis and contrasted pain/discomfort- with nausea/vomiting-predominant disease...
- Coleski R, Baker J, Hasler W. Endoscopic Gastric Food Retention in Relation to Scintigraphic Gastric Emptying Delays and Clinical Factors. Dig Dis Sci. 2016;61:2593-601 pubmed publisher..Gastric emptying delays correlate with amounts of retained food on endoscopy. Retention is influenced by opiates, but not other medications. These analyses delineate pathogenic factors promoting gastric food retention. ..
- Lee A, Hasler W. Diabetes and the Stomach. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. 2017;15:441-459 pubmed publisher..This article will review the pathophysiology, new insights into disease mechanism, and treatment options for diabetic gastroparesis. ..