Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Telomerase inhibitors for the treatment of brain tumors and the potential of intranasal deliveryRintaro Hashizume
University of California San Francisco, Hellen Diller Family Cancer Research Center, Mission Bay, 1450 3rd Street, HD 200, San Francisco, CA 94158 0520, USA
Curr Opin Mol Ther 12:168-75. 2010..The IND of telomerase inhibitors represents a new therapeutic approach that appears to selectively kill tumor cells, without inducing toxic effects in the surrounding healthy brain tissue...
- New therapeutic approach for brain tumors: Intranasal delivery of telomerase inhibitor GRN163Rintaro Hashizume
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0520, USA
Neuro Oncol 10:112-20. 2008..These data support further development of intranasal delivery of tumor-specific therapeutic agents for brain tumor patients...
- An experimental xenograft mouse model of diffuse pontine glioma designed for therapeutic testingYasuyuki Aoki
Department of Neurological Surgery and Brain Tumor Research Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0112, USA
J Neurooncol 108:29-35. 2012..Our results demonstrate the feasibility of using an orthotopic brainstem tumor model in athymic mice, and for application to testing therapeutic agents in treating DIPG...
- A human brainstem glioma xenograft model enabled for bioluminescence imagingRintaro Hashizume
Department of Neurological Surgery, Brain Tumor Research Center, University of California, 505 Parnassus Ave, Room M779, San Francisco, CA 94143 0112, USA
J Neurooncol 96:151-9. 2010..This model is well suited for pre-clinical testing of therapeutics that are being considered for treatment of patients with brainstem tumors...
- Expression of miR-124 inhibits growth of medulloblastoma cellsJoachim Silber
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Neuro Oncol 15:83-90. 2013..Further testing of miR-124 will help define the ultimate therapeutic potential of preclinical models of medulloblastoma in conjunction with various delivery strategies for treatment...
- Characterization of a diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma cell line: implications for future investigations and treatmentRintaro Hashizume
Department of Neurological Surgery, Brain Tumor Research Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0520, USA
J Neurooncol 110:305-13. 2012..The hTERT modified cells are tumorigenic in athymic rodents, and produce brainstem tumors that recapitulate the infiltrative growth of brainstem gliomas in patients...
- Cooperative interactions of BRAFV600E kinase and CDKN2A locus deficiency in pediatric malignant astrocytoma as a basis for rational therapyEmmanuelle Huillard
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:8710-5. 2012..Our findings indicate a rational therapeutic strategy for treating a subset of pediatric astrocytomas with BRAF(V600E) mutation and CDKN2A deficiency...
- Identification of internalizing human single-chain antibodies targeting brain tumor sphere cellsXiaodong Zhu
Department of Anesthesia, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2131-41. 2010....
- Targeted therapy for BRAFV600E malignant astrocytomaTheodore P Nicolaides
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:7595-604. 2011..We have investigated the incidence of BRAF(V600E) in additional pediatric patient cohorts and examined the effects of BRAF blockade in preclinical models of BRAF(V600E) and wild-type BRAF MA...
- The histone H3.3K27M mutation in pediatric glioma reprograms H3K27 methylation and gene expressionKui Ming Chan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Genes Dev 27:985-90. 2013..These results indicate that H3.3K27M mutation reprograms epigenetic landscape and gene expression, which may drive tumorigenesis...
- Morphologic and molecular characterization of ATRT xenografts adapted for orthotopic therapeutic testingRintaro Hashizume
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University ofCalifornia, San Diego, CA, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:366-76. 2010....
- Voltage-gated potassium channel EAG2 controls mitotic entry and tumor growth in medulloblastoma via regulating cell volume dynamicsXi Huang
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Genes Dev 26:1780-96. 2012....