Abraham G Hartzema
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Planning for pharmacy health information technology in critical access hospitalsAbraham G Hartzema
Department of Pharmacy Health Care Administration, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida UF, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:315-21. 2007..A plan for the implementation of medication-related health information technology (HIT) in 12 critical access hospitals (CAHs) to improve safety and reduce medication errors is described...
- Medication safety infrastructure in critical-access hospitals in FloridaAlmut G Winterstein
Department of Pharmacy Health Care Administration, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida UF, Gainesville 32610 0496, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 63:442-50. 2006..The medication safety infrastructure of critical-access hospitals (CAHs) in Florida was evaluated...
- Disability measures in stroke: relationship among the Barthel Index, the Functional Independence Measure, and the Modified Rankin ScaleSooyeon Kwon
Pharmacy Health Care Administration, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, PO Box 100496, Health Science Center, Gainesville, FL 32610 0496, USA
Stroke 35:918-23. 2004..The purpose of this study is to examine the predicting ability of ADL measures to global disability scale...
- Effectiveness of nesiritide on dialysis or all-cause mortality in patients undergoing cardiothoracic surgeryThomas M Beaver
Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Florida, P O Box 100286, Gainesville, FL 32610 0286, USA
Clin Cardiol 29:18-24. 2006..Natriuretic peptides have been shown to have favorable renal effects. However, recent evidence suggests potential renal side effects in patients with congestive heart failure...
- The cost of health care for children and adults with sickle cell diseaseTeresa L Kauf
Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Am J Hematol 84:323-7. 2009..Interventions designed to prevent SCD complications and avoid hospitalizations may reduce the significant economic burden of the disease...
- Cost-utility analysis of rimonabant in the treatment of obesityChristian Hampp
Pharmacy Health Care Administration, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0496, USA
Value Health 11:389-99. 2008..To estimate the incremental cost-utility ratio (ICUR) of rimonabant 20 mg/day in the treatment of obesity from a third-party payer's perspective...
- Discordance between availability of pharmacogenetics studies and pharmacogenetics-based prescribing information for the top 200 drugsIssam Zineh
College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Center for Pharmacogenomics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:639-44. 2006..It is possible that the lack of prescribing data for commonly used drugs is due to a paucity of evidence-based pharmacogenetics literature for these agents...
- Pharmacy-specific quality indicators for asthma therapyAlmut G Winterstein
College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Healthcare Administration, University of Florida, PO Box 100496, Gainesville, FL 32610 0496, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 1:430-45. 2005..While indicators measuring pharmacotherapy quality on the level of prescribers and third party payers are widely used, no such indicators exist for pharmacies...
- Ethnic differences in the reliability and validity of a Panic Disorder ScreenMichael R Johnson
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0496, USA
Ethn Health 12:283-96. 2007..The purpose of this study was to compare the reliability and validity of the Brief Panic Disorder Screen (BPDS) in samples of African American and Caucasian American primary care patients...
- Pharmacoeconomic modeling of nesiritide versus dobutamine for decompensated heart failureTobias Gerhard
Department of Pharmacy Health Care Administration, University of Florida, P O Box 100496, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:34-43. 2006..To model the cost-effectiveness of nesiritide compared with dobutamine in patients with decompensated heart failure...
- Utilizing Medicare claims data for real‐time drug safety evaluations:is it feasible?Abraham G Hartzema
Department of Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 20:684-8. 2011..This study evaluates the impacts of (i) claim information updates (claims adjudication) and (ii) delay in claim processing (claims delay) on real-time evaluation of health service and drug safety signals using the Medicare database...
- The roles of teaching hospitals, insurance status, and race/ethnicity in receipt of adjuvant therapy for regional-stage breast cancer in FloridaLisa C Richardson
Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Am J Public Health 96:160-6. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Teaching facilities play an important role in the diagnosis and treatment of regional-stage breast cancer among Hispanics, uninsured women, and women insured by Medicaid...
- Development and evaluation of a patient empowerment video to promote hydroxyurea adoption in sickle cell diseaseJennifer M LaVista
College of Journalism and Communications, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:251-7. 2009....
- Effect of an academic detailing intervention on the utilization rate of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors in the elderlyStephen D Graham
Department of Family Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 42:749-56. 2008..AD was provided by Dalhousie University Continuing Medical Education in a face-to-face encounter employing evidence-based information. GP participation was voluntary...