S W Hartwell
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts
- Harmonizing databases? Developing a quasi-experimental design to evaluate a public mental health re-entry programStephanie W Hartwell
Department of Sociology, University of Massachusetts at Boston, 100 Morrissey Blvd, Boston, MA 02125, United States
Eval Program Plann 35:461-72. 2012..By systematically describing our original study design and the barriers we encountered, this report will inform future efforts to evaluate public programs using merged administrative databases and electronic health records...
- The Massachusetts forensic transition program for mentally ill offenders re-entering the communityS W Hartwell
Department of Sociology and the Criminal Justice Program of the University of Massachusetts, Boston 02125 3393, USA
Psychiatr Serv 50:1220-2. 1999..The other clients were hospitalized immediately after release (20 percent), reincarcerated (10 percent), hospitalized after a brief stay in the community (3 percent), or lost to follow-up (11 percent)...
- An examination of racial differences among mentally ill offenders in MassachusettsS Hartwell
Department of Sociology, University of Massachusetts Boston, 02125 3393, USA
Psychiatr Serv 52:234-6. 2001..Black participants released from prison tended to migrate to more urban areas than Caucasians. Of those engaged in the community at program completion, 60 percent were Caucasian, 22 percent were black, and 18 percent were Hispanic...
- Deviance over the life course: the case of homeless substance abusersStephanie Hartwell
Department of Sociology, University of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts 02125 3393, USA
Subst Use Misuse 38:475-502. 2003..I conclude that for these men, being homeless and abusing substances is normative to their lives...
- Comparison of offenders with mental illness only and offenders with dual diagnosesStephanie W Hartwell
Department of Sociology at the University of Massachusetts at Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02125, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:145-50. 2004..Offenders with dual diagnoses who were involved with the criminal justice system at different levels were compared to explore their profiles and experiences after release...
- The impact of regionalization on reentry service outcomes for individuals with severe mental illnessStephanie W Hartwell
Department of Sociology, University of Massachusetts Boston, Boston, MA 02125, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:394-7. 2009..This brief report focuses on the regionalization of the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health's forensic transition team, a service that manages community reentry from correctional settings for persons with severe mental illness...
- Emerging adults with psychiatric disabilities involved with the criminal justice systemStephanie W Hartwell
University of Massachusetts Boston, 100 Morrissey Blvd, Boston, MA 02125 3393, USA
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 54:756-68. 2010....