Cynthia L Hartsfield
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Cross talk between carbon monoxide and nitric oxideCynthia L Hartsfield
Cardiovascular Pulmonary Research Laboratory, Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 4:301-7. 2002..This review attempts to define the current known relationship between carbon monoxide and nitric oxide as it relates to their production and physiological function...
- Cardioprotective and vasomotor effects of HO activity during acute and chronic hypoxiaCynthia L Hartsfield
Div of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, Univ of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Ave, B 133, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H2009-15. 2004....
- Increasing prevalence of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) over time and by birth cohort: Kaiser Permanente of Colorado GDM Screening ProgramDana Dabelea
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Diabetes Care 28:579-84. 2005..Given that the number of people with diabetes worldwide is expected to increase at record levels through 2030, we examined temporal trends in GDM among diverse ethnic groups...
- Regulation of heme oxygenase-1 by nitric oxide during hepatopulmonary syndromeEthan P Carter
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262 USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 283:L346-53. 2002..These data provide in vivo evidence for the NO-mediated upregulation of HO-1 expression and support the concept that hepatopulmonary syndrome is multifactorial, involving not only NO, but also HO-1 and CO...
- Painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy in a managed care setting: patient identification, prevalence estimates, and pharmacy utilization patternsCynthia L Hartsfield
Kaiser Permanente, Denver, Colorado, USA
Popul Health Manag 11:317-28. 2008..Identifying patients with pDPN is a fundamental step for improving disease management and understanding the economic impact of pDPN...
- Mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway regulates heme oxygenase-1 gene expression by hypoxia in vascular cellsStefan W Ryter
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 4:587-92. 2002..These results suggest a relationship between MAPK and hypoxic regulation of ho-1 in vascular cells, involving AP-1...
- Hormone therapy initiation after the Women's Health InitiativeKatherine M Newton
Group Health Center for Health Studies, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Menopause 15:487-93. 2008..To describe hormone therapy (HT) initiation after the 2002 publication of the Women's Health Initiative...