John L Hartman Iv
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Phenomic assessment of genetic buffering by kinetic analysis of cell arraysJohn Rodgers
Department of Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, KAUL 702, Birmingham, AL, 35294, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1205:187-208. 2014..The methods we describe are for creation and maintenance of frozen stocks, liquid source array preparation, agar destination plate printing, image scanning, image analysis, curve fitting, and evaluation of gene interaction...
- Global analysis of phase locking in gene expression during cell cycle: the potential in network modelingShouguo Gao
Department of Physics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
BMC Syst Biol 4:167. 2010..Conversely, the synchrony information can be utilized to infer interaction. Increasing evidence suggests that frequency modulation is also common in transcription regulation...
- Accurate, precise modeling of cell proliferation kinetics from time-lapse imaging and automated image analysis of agar yeast culture arraysNajaf A Shah
Department of Genetics, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
BMC Syst Biol 1:3. 2007..To improve HTCP performance and advance capabilities for quantifying interactions, YeastXtract software was developed for automated analysis of cell array images...
- Buffering of deoxyribonucleotide pool homeostasis by threonine metabolismJohn L Hartman
Department of Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:11700-5. 2007..Validation of these hypotheses substantiates the added benefit of quantitative phenotyping for identifying subtleties in gene interaction networks that modulate cellular phenotypes...
- Stringent mating-type-regulated auxotrophy increases the accuracy of systematic genetic interaction screens with Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutant arraysIndira Singh
Department of Genetics, University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Genetics 181:289-300. 2009..Modifications engineered to reduce haploid MRA escape reduced false negative results in SGA-type analysis, resulting in >95% sensitivity for detecting gene-gene interactions...
- Recursive expectation-maximization clustering: a method for identifying buffering mechanisms composed of phenomic modulesJingyu Guo
Department of Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Chaos 20:026103. 2010..It facilitates identification of phenomic modules, which contribute to buffering mechanisms that underlie cellular homeostasis and the regulation of phenotypic expression...
- Defining genetic interactionRamamurthy Mani
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, 250 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3461-6. 2008..Additionally, we show that the Additive and Log definitions, each commonly used in population genetics, lead to differing conclusions related to the selective advantages of sexual reproduction...
- Systematic quantification of gene interactions by phenotypic array analysisJohn L Hartman
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Genome Biol 5:R49. 2004..The work provides an example of, and a general experimental framework for, quantitative analysis of gene interaction networks that buffer cell growth...
- Molecular Buffering of Replication in YeastJOHN HARTMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006....