Affiliation: University of California
- Hariharan I. How growth abnormalities delay "puberty" in Drosophila. Sci Signal. 2012;5:pe27 pubmed publisher..Similar mechanisms might operate in disease states in humans where alterations in growth or tissue inflammation can delay puberty. ..
- Bosch J, Sumabat T, Hafezi Y, Pellock B, Gandhi K, Hariharan I. The Drosophila F-box protein Fbxl7 binds to the protocadherin fat and regulates Dachs localization and Hippo signaling. elife. 2014;3:e03383 pubmed publisher..Fbxl7 can also regulate the trafficking of proteins between the apical membrane and intracellular vesicles. Thus Fbxl7 functions in a subset of pathways downstream of Ft and links Ft to D localization. ..
- Bosch J, Tran N, Hariharan I. CoinFLP: a system for efficient mosaic screening and for visualizing clonal boundaries in Drosophila. Development. 2015;142:597-606 pubmed publisher..By combining CoinFLP-LexGAD/Gal4 with the split-GFP system GRASP, boundaries between genetically distinct cell populations can be visualized at high resolution. ..
- ..Mechanical forces also appear to have an important role along with the Hippo pathway, which may integrate multiple types of inputs to regulate the extent of growth. ..
- ..On display was the power of using diverse approaches ranging from the study of organoids to whole organisms. ..
- Hariharan I, Serras F. Imaginal disc regeneration takes flight. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2017;48:10-16 pubmed publisher....
- ..In this issue of Developmental Cell, Pascual and colleagues (2017) investigate the dire consequences of simultaneous deregulation of both the Ras and Hippo pathways. ..