Valerie S Harder
Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Multiple traumas, postelection violence, and posttraumatic stress among impoverished Kenyan youthValerie S Harder
Africa Mental Health Foundation, Nairobi, Kenya
J Trauma Stress 25:64-70. 2012..Differences due to age or sex were not found. The findings indicate the need for universal mental health services for trauma-exposed youth and their families in the impoverished informal settlements of Nairobi, Kenya...
- Propensity score techniques and the assessment of measured covariate balance to test causal associations in psychological researchValerie S Harder
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont, 1 South Prospect Street, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Psychol Methods 15:234-49. 2010..This article identifies the PS techniques that yield good statistical balance of the chosen measured covariates within the context of this particular research question and cohort...
- Incremental validity of test session and classroom observations in a multimethod assessment of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorderSTEPHANIE H MCCONAUGHY
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont, VT, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 39:650-66. 2010....
- Preschool psychopathology reported by parents in 23 societies: testing the seven-syndrome model of the child behavior checklist for ages 1.5-5Masha Y Ivanova
Vermont Center for Children, Youth and Families, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:1215-24. 2010..To test the fit of a seven-syndrome model to ratings of preschoolers' problems by parents in very diverse societies...
- Drinking and stress: an examination of sex and stressor differences using IVR-based daily dataLynsay A Ayer
Health Behavior Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont, 1 South Prospect Street, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 115:205-12. 2011..We sought to build upon the stress-drinking literature by examining the direction of the stress-drinking association over time as well as sex and stressor differences using daily data...
- COMT Val158Met genotype as a risk factor for problem behaviors in youthMatthew D Albaugh
Vermont Center for Children, Youth, and Families, University of Vermont, College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:841-9. 2010..We hypothesized that youth carrying a Met allele would have greater average aggressive behavior scores, and that youth exhibiting Val-homozygosity would have greater average attention problems scores...