Affiliation: University of California
- Successful localization of recurrent thyroid cancer in reoperative neck surgery using ultrasound-guided methylene blue dye injectionAvital Harari
University of California, Los Angeles, Section of Endocrine Surgery, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Am Coll Surg 215:555-61. 2012..Here we analyze our methylene blue dye injection method to localize reoperative neck pathology in patients with thyroid cancer and lymph node metastases...
- Primary hyperparathyroidism patients with positive preoperative sestamibi scan and negative ultrasound are more likely to have posteriorly located upper gland adenomas (PLUGs)Avital Harari
Department of Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:1717-22. 2011..In a subset of patients with a positive MIBI and a negative US, we hypothesize that the parathyroid adenomas are more likely to be located posteriorly in the neck, where anatomically they are more difficult to detect by US...
- Parathyroid carcinoma: a 43-year outcome and survival analysisAvital Harari
Section of Endocrine Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:3679-86. 2011..OBJECTIVES AND MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: The objective of the study was to review the outcomes of parathyroid cancer patients and to evaluate the factors associated with mortality...
- Parathyroid carcinoma: update and guidelines for managementChristina H Wei
Section of Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 13:11-23. 2012..Most patients ultimately succumb to complications of hypercalcemia rather than from tumor burden or infiltration...
- Population-level predictors of persistent hyperparathyroidismMichael W Yeh
Division of General Surgery, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Surgery 150:1113-9. 2011..To avoid these biases, we evaluated parathyroidectomy (PTx) outcomes within an integrated health care system encompassing 3.25 million enrollees...
- Malignant pheochromocytoma: a reviewAvital Harari
Department of Surgery, Division of Endocrine Surgery of University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Am J Surg 201:700-8. 2011..In this review, we discuss the current information known of malignant pheochromocytomas...
- Negative preoperative localization leads to greater resource use in the era of minimally invasive parathyroidectomyAvital Harari
Division of Gastrointestinal and Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Surg 197:769-73. 2009..Successful preoperative localization plays an important role in patient selection for focused parathyroidectomy...