Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- New world views: preparing physicians in training for global health workC Haq
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin, USA
Fam Med 32:566-72. 2000..To determine the impact of international health experiences on physicians in training, we studied 60 US medical students who participated in an International Health Fellowship Program (IHFP)...
- Leadership Opportunities with Communities, the Medically Underserved, and Special Populations (LOCUS)Cynthia Haq
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, 53715, USA
Acad Med 77:740. 2002....
- Integrating the art and science of medical practice: innovations in teaching medical communication skillsCynthia Haq
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin, WI 53715, USA
Fam Med 36:S43-50. 2004..This paper describes the content and methods used to teach communication skills in Undergraduate Medical Education for the 21st Century (UME-21) schools and provides suggestions for future efforts...
- Creating a center for global health at the University of Wisconsin-MadisonCynthia Haq
Family Medicine and Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Center for Global Health, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Acad Med 83:148-53. 2008....
- Factors influencing rural Wisconsin elders in completing advance directivesL Marchand
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 777 S Mills St, Madison, WI 53715, USA
WMJ 100:26-31. 2001..Advance directives can assist in end-of-life decision-making. This study explores the factors that influence completion of advance directives...
- Career influence of an international health experience during medical schoolAlan H Ramsey
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53715 1896, USA
Fam Med 36:412-6. 2004..The International Health Fellowship Program (IHFP) consisted of preparatory coursework and field experience in a developing country. We conducted a survey 4-7 years later to assess the career influence of IHFP participation...
- Family medicine soupCynthia Haq
Fam Med 35:135-7. 2003