Emily A Haozous
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Best Practices for Effective Clinical Partnerships with Indigenous Populations of North America (American Indian, Alaska Native, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit)Emily A Haozous
College of Nursing, University of New Mexico, MSC 07 4380 Box 9, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA Electronic address
Nurs Clin North Am 50:499-508. 2015..Best practices in health care delivery with indigenous populations are presented. ..
- "All my tears were gone": suffering and cancer pain in Southwest American IndiansEmily Ann Haozous
University of New Mexico College of Nursing, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 45:1050-60. 2013..Although minority patients with cancer are more likely to be undermedicated for cancer pain than non-Hispanic whites, little is known about the experience of cancer pain in American Indians (AIs)...
- Returning homeEmily A Haozous
University of New Mexico School of Nursing, Albuquerque, USA
Creat Nurs 16:75-7. 2010..Emily Haozous, a descendent of those original captives, describes her circuitous path back to New Mexico as part of her own journey through academic nursing 110 year later...
- Use of the talking circle for Comanche women's breast health educationEmily A Haozous
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
J Transcult Nurs 21:377-85. 2010..To do so for Comanche American Indian women requires understanding the cultural constructs that influence the use of screening and treatment recommendations...
- Understanding the cancer pain experience in American Indians of the Northern PlainsEmily A Haozous
College of Nursing, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Psychooncology 20:404-10. 2011..The purpose of this study was to explore the experience of cancer pain in American Indians (AI) from the Northern Plains region of the United States...