Genomes and Genes
Jacquelyn A Hank
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Immunogenicity of the hu14.18-IL2 immunocytokine molecule in adults with melanoma and children with neuroblastomaJacquelyn A Hank
The University of Wisconsin Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:5923-30. 2009..18) and interleukin (IL)-2. Sixty-one melanoma and neuroblastoma patients received IC in phase I/Ib studies. Patient sera were examined in ELISA to determine if an anti-IC antibody response occurred during treatment...
- Intratumoral treatment of smaller mouse neuroblastoma tumors with a recombinant protein consisting of IL-2 linked to the hu14.18 antibody increases intratumoral CD8+ T and NK cells and improves survivalRichard K Yang
The Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 62:1303-13. 2013..18-IL2 treatment is necessary for long-term survival. This model demonstrates that tumor size is a strong predictor of hu14.18-IL2-induced lymphocyte infiltration and treatment outcome...
- Phase I trial of combined treatment with ch14.18 and R24 monoclonal antibodies and interleukin-2 for patients with melanoma or sarcomaBrian S Choi
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 53792, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 55:761-74. 2006..We conducted a phase I trial of interleukin 2 (IL-2) in combination with chimeric 14.18 (ch14.18) and murine R24 antibodies to determine the maximal tolerated dose (MTD), immunological effects, and toxicity of this treatment combination...
- Enhanced activity of hu14.18-IL2 immunocytokine against murine NXS2 neuroblastoma when combined with interleukin 2 therapyZane C Neal
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:4839-47. 2004..Animals showing prolonged tumor eradication of established tumors after the combined hu14.18-IL2 plus IL-2 regimen exhibited a protective T-cell-dependent antitumor memory response against NXS2 rechallenge...
- Anti-tumor and immunomodulatory activity of resveratrol in vitro and its potential for combining with cancer immunotherapyBrenda L Soto
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 11:1877-86. 2011..Results showed that this RV regimen inhibited the growth of NXS2 tumors in vivo but did not appear to interfere with blood cell count, splenocyte or macrophage function. Thus, RV may be a candidate for combining with immunotherapy...
- Phase II trial of hu14.18-IL2 for patients with metastatic melanomaMark R Albertini
University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center, Madison, WI, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 61:2261-71. 2012..We conclude that subsequent testing of hu14.18-IL2 should involve melanoma patients with minimal residual disease based on compelling preclinical data and the confirmed immune activation with some antitumor activity in this study...
- Intratumoral hu14.18-IL-2 (IC) induces local and systemic antitumor effects that involve both activated T and NK cells as well as enhanced IC retentionRichard K Yang
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Immunol 189:2656-64. 2012..v.-IC. Overall, IT-IC resulted in increased numbers of activated T and NK cells within tumors, better IC retention in the tumor, enhanced inhibition of tumor growth, and improved survival compared with i.v.-IC...
- A phase I clinical trial of the hu14.18-IL2 (EMD 273063) as a treatment for children with refractory or recurrent neuroblastoma and melanoma: a study of the Children's Oncology GroupKaci L Osenga
The University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:1750-9. 2006..Evaluate the clinical safety, toxicity, immune activation/modulation, and maximal tolerated dose of hu14.18-IL2 (EMD 273063) in pediatric patients with recurrent/refractory neuroblastoma and other GD2-positive solid tumors...
- Ab-IL2 fusion proteins mediate NK cell immune synapse formation by polarizing CD25 to the target cell-effector cell interfaceJennifer A A Gubbels
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 60:1789-800. 2011..These findings demonstrate that the IL-2 component of the IC allows IL2Rs to function not only as receptors for this cytokine but also as facilitators of peritoneal NK cell binding to IC-coated tumor cells...
- The anti-tumor effect of resveratrol alone or in combination with immunotherapy in a neuroblastoma modelBrenda L Soto
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 60:731-8. 2011..These results demonstrate that the combination therapy of peritumoral resveratrol plus intravenous immunocytokine provides better anti-tumor effects in this model than either therapy alone...
- Phase I clinical trial of the immunocytokine EMD 273063 in melanoma patientsDavid M King
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4463-73. 2004..To evaluate the safety, toxicity, in vivo immunologic activation, and maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) of EMD 273063 (hu14.18-IL-2) in patients with metastatic melanoma...
- Differential internalization of hu14.18-IL2 immunocytokine by NK and tumor cell: impact on conjugation, cytotoxicity, and targetingIlia N Buhtoiarov
UW Carbone Cancer Center, 4159 MACC Fund UW Childhood Cancer Research Wing, WIMR, 1111 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53705 2275, USA
J Leukoc Biol 89:625-38. 2011..These studies demonstrate that once IC binds to the tumor, it is present on the tumor surface for a prolonged time, inducing the recruitment of NK cells to the tumor site, followed by tumor cell killing...
- Intratumoral immunocytokine treatment results in enhanced antitumor effectsErik E Johnson
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, 53792, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 57:1891-902. 2008..Further testing is required to determine how to potentially incorporate IT administration of IC into an antitumor regimen that optimizes local and systemic anticancer therapy...
- Native and genetically engineered anti-disialoganglioside monoclonal antibody treatment of melanomaMark R Albertini
University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Chemother Biol Response Modif 22:789-97. 2005
- A phase I study of immunization using particle-mediated epidermal delivery of genes for gp100 and GM-CSF into uninvolved skin of melanoma patientsRyan D Cassaday
Paul P Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:540-9. 2007..The aims of this phase I study were to assess the safety and immunologic effects of PMED of these genes in melanoma patients...
- Genotypes of NK cell KIR receptors, their ligands, and Fcγ receptors in the response of neuroblastoma patients to Hu14.18-IL2 immunotherapyDavid C Delgado
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Cancer Res 70:9554-61. 2010..These analyses indicate that response or improvement of relapsed/refractory NBL patients after IC treatment is associated with autologous KIR/KIR-ligand mismatch, consistent with a role for natural killer cells in this clinical response...
- NXS2 murine neuroblastomas express increased levels of MHC class I antigens upon recurrence following NK-dependent immunotherapyZane C Neal
University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin Madison, 600 Highland Ave, K4 448, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 53:41-52. 2004....
- Preclinical and clinical development of immunocytokinesPaul M Sondel
Department of Pediatrics, Human Oncology, Genetics and Medicine and the University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Wisconsin Madison, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 4:696-700. 2003..Clinical testing of ICs has recently begun using an anti-GD2 monoclonal antibody linked to interleukin-2 (IL-2) (hu14.18-IL-2), and using an antibody directed against the human epithelial cell adhesion molecule linked to IL-2 (KS-IL-2)...
- Determination of peak serum levels and immune response to the humanized anti-ganglioside antibody-interleukin-2 immunocytokineJacquelyn A Hank
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Methods Mol Med 85:123-31. 2003
- StrataGraft skin substitute is well-tolerated and is not acutely immunogenic in patients with traumatic wounds: results from a prospective, randomized, controlled dose escalation trialJOHN M CENTANNI
Stratatech Corporation, Madison, WI, USA
Ann Surg 253:672-83. 2011..The goal of this study was to assess the immunogenicity and antigenicity of StrataGraft skin tissue in a randomized phase I/II clinical trial for the temporary management of full-thickness skin loss...