Margaret A Handley
Affiliation: University of California
- Navigating changing food environments - Transnational perspectives on dietary behaviours and implications for nutrition counsellingMargaret A Handley
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Glob Public Health 8:245-57. 2013..Transnational experiences may provide new insights for dietary counselling and patient-centred health communication...
- Quasi-experimental designs in practice-based research settings: design and implementation considerationsMargaret A Handley
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital Center for Vulnerable Populations, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 24:589-96. 2011..Alternative approaches to evaluating interventions have received increased attention, particularly those that can retain elements of randomization such that they can be considered "controlled" trials...
- Reports from the field: engaging learners as interpreters for developing health messages -- designing the 'Familias Sin Plomo' English as a Second Language curriculum projectMargaret A Handley
UCSF Center for Vulnerable Populations Department of Medicine Bldg 10, 3rd floor San Francisco General Hospital 1001 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco CA 94110, USA
Glob Health Promot 16:53-8. 2009....
- Cost-effectiveness of automated telephone self-management support with nurse care management among patients with diabetesMargaret A Handley
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Division of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Ann Fam Med 6:512-8. 2008....
- Quasi-experimental trial of diabetes Self-Management Automated and Real-Time Telephonic Support (SMARTSteps) in a Medicaid managed care plan: study protocolNeda Ratanawongsa
General Internal Medicine and UCSF Center for Vulnerable Populations at San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center, University of California, 94110, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:22. 2012..This paper describes the protocol of the Self-Management Automated and Real-Time Telephonic Support Project (SMARTSteps)...
- Globalized migration and transnational epidemiologyMargaret A Handley
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Unniversity of California, San Francisco, USA
Int J Epidemiol 36:1205-6. 2007
- Globalization, binational communities, and imported food risks: results of an outbreak investigation of lead poisoning in Monterey County, CaliforniaMargaret A Handley
Department of Family Medicine and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94110, USA
Am J Public Health 97:900-6. 2007..Our objective was to investigate the sources of an outbreak of lead poisoning in Monterey County, California...
- Navigating the terrain between research and practice: a Collaborative Research Network (CRN) case study in diabetes researchMargaret A Handley
Department of Family and Community Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, 995 Portrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 19:85-92. 2006....
- An examination of cesarean and vaginal birth histories among Hispanic women entering prenatal care in two California counties with large immigrant populationsEnrique Gonzalez-Mendez
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 14:209-14. 2012....
- The influence of indigenous status and community indigenous composition on obesity and diabetes among Mexican adultsPamela Stoddard
Santa Clara County Public Health Department, San Jose, CA, USA
Soc Sci Med 73:1635-43. 2011..Identifying the sources of protective effects of individual and community indigenous characteristics relative to these health conditions should be a priority, given global implications for prevention...
- A framework for training health professionals in implementation and dissemination scienceRalph Gonzales
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, USA
Acad Med 87:271-8. 2012..The authors encourage other training programs and institutions to use or adapt the design principles, conceptual framework, and proposed competencies to evaluate their current IDS training needs and to support new program development...
- Goal-setting for behavior change in primary care: an exploration and status reportThomas Bodenheimer
University of California at San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Patient Educ Couns 76:174-80. 2009..This paper explores the behavior change method of goal-setting and reviews the literature on goal-setting in primary care for patients with chronic conditions...
- Use of an interactive, telephone-based self-management support program to identify adverse events among ambulatory diabetes patientsUrmimala Sarkar
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1211, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:459-65. 2008..We used the implementation of an automated telephone self-management support program for diabetes patients as an opportunity to monitor patient safety...