Sung Gu Han
Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Atherogenic and pulmonary responses of ApoE- and LDL receptor-deficient mice to sidestream cigarette smokeSung Gu Han
Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Toxicology 299:133-8. 2012..SSCS-1577±142mg/dl, p=0.008). These results showing different effects of identical SSCS exposure on plasma cholesterol concentrations in these two mouse models suggest a role of multiple mechanisms in SSCS-induced atherosclerosis...
- Acute pulmonary response of mice to multi-wall carbon nanotubesSung Gu Han
Graduate Center for Toxicology, College of Medicine, and Animal and Food Sciences, College of Agriculture in the University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Inhal Toxicol 22:340-7. 2010..It is concluded that a single treatment of MWCNT is capable of inducing cytotoxic and inflammatory response in the lungs of mice...
- In utero tobacco smoke exposure alters pulmonary responses of newborn rats to ozoneSung Gu Han
Graduate Center for Toxicology, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 74:668-77. 2011..The results are contrary to the interactive toxic responses predicted for sequential exposures to TS and O₃, and may represent the development of "cross-tolerance."..
- EGCG protects endothelial cells against PCB 126-induced inflammation through inhibition of AhR and induction of Nrf2-regulated genesSung Gu Han
Superfund Research Program, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0200, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 261:181-8. 2012..These data suggest that EGCG can inhibit AhR regulated genes and induce Nrf2-regulated antioxidant enzymes, thus providing protection against PCB-induced inflammatory responses in endothelial cells...
- Titanium dioxide nanoparticles increase inflammatory responses in vascular endothelial cellsSung Gu Han
Superfund Research Program, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Toxicology 306:1-8. 2013..These data indicate that TiO2 NPs can induce endothelial inflammatory responses via redox-sensitive cellular signaling pathways...
- Enhanced platelet reactivity and thrombosis in Apoe-/- mice exposed to cigarette smoke is attenuated by P2Y12 antagonismAnping Dong
VA Medical Center Lexington, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Gill Heart Institute, University of Kentucky, USA
Thromb Res 126:e312-7. 2010..Smoking increases the risk of acute arterial thrombosis, including myocardial infarction, likely due to multi-factorial effects on the vasculature. Heightened platelet reactivity may be among the adverse effects of smoke exposure...
- Acute pulmonary effects of combined exposure to carbon nanotubes and ozone in miceSung Gu Han
Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Inhal Toxicol 20:391-8. 2008..These results are contrary to enhanced responses that were anticipated and may represent the development of "cross-tolerance" reported by others for some sequentially administered pollutants...
- Effect of dietary selenium and cigarette smoke on pulmonary cell proliferation in miceJun Li
Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506, USA
Toxicol Sci 111:247-53. 2009....
- Polychlorinated biphenyl-induced VCAM-1 expression is attenuated in aortic endothelial cells isolated from caveolin-1 deficient miceSung Gu Han
Molecular and Cell Nutrition Laboratory, College of Agriculture, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 246:74-82. 2010..Our data demonstrate a critical role of functional caveolae in the activation and dysfunction of endothelial cells by coplanar PCBs...