Sung Gu Han
Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Atherogenic and pulmonary responses of ApoE- and LDL receptor-deficient mice to sidestream cigarette smokeSung Gu Han
Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Toxicology 299:133-8. 2012..SSCS-1577±142mg/dl, p=0.008). These results showing different effects of identical SSCS exposure on plasma cholesterol concentrations in these two mouse models suggest a role of multiple mechanisms in SSCS-induced atherosclerosis...
- Acute pulmonary response of mice to multi-wall carbon nanotubesSung Gu Han
Graduate Center for Toxicology, College of Medicine, and Animal and Food Sciences, College of Agriculture in the University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Inhal Toxicol 22:340-7. 2010..It is concluded that a single treatment of MWCNT is capable of inducing cytotoxic and inflammatory response in the lungs of mice...
- PCB 126 toxicity is modulated by cross-talk between caveolae and Nrf2 signalingMichael C Petriello
Graduate Center for Toxicology, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA University of Kentucky Superfund Research Center, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 277:192-9. 2014..These data demonstrate novel cross-talk mechanisms between Cav-1 and Nrf2 and implicate the reduction of Cav-1 as a protective mechanism for PCB-induced cellular dysfunction and inflammation. ..
- In utero tobacco smoke exposure alters pulmonary responses of newborn rats to ozoneSung Gu Han
Graduate Center for Toxicology, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 74:668-77. 2011..The results are contrary to the interactive toxic responses predicted for sequential exposures to TS and O₃, and may represent the development of "cross-tolerance."..
- Dietary selenium fails to influence cigarette smoke-induced lung tumorigenesis in A/J miceHoward P Glauert
Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, United States Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, United States Electronic address
Cancer Lett 334:127-32. 2013..In conclusion, these data confirm the carcinogenic activity of cigarette smoke in mice but show that dietary Se provided as sodium selenite does not affect smoke-induced carcinogenesis in this model. ..
- EGCG protects endothelial cells against PCB 126-induced inflammation through inhibition of AhR and induction of Nrf2-regulated genesSung Gu Han
Superfund Research Program, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0200, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 261:181-8. 2012..These data suggest that EGCG can inhibit AhR regulated genes and induce Nrf2-regulated antioxidant enzymes, thus providing protection against PCB-induced inflammatory responses in endothelial cells...
- Titanium dioxide nanoparticles increase inflammatory responses in vascular endothelial cellsSung Gu Han
Superfund Research Program, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Toxicology 306:1-8. 2013..These data indicate that TiO2 NPs can induce endothelial inflammatory responses via redox-sensitive cellular signaling pathways...
- Enhanced platelet reactivity and thrombosis in Apoe-/- mice exposed to cigarette smoke is attenuated by P2Y12 antagonismAnping Dong
VA Medical Center Lexington, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Gill Heart Institute, University of Kentucky, USA
Thromb Res 126:e312-7. 2010..Smoking increases the risk of acute arterial thrombosis, including myocardial infarction, likely due to multi-factorial effects on the vasculature. Heightened platelet reactivity may be among the adverse effects of smoke exposure...
- PCB 77 dechlorination products modulate pro-inflammatory events in vascular endothelial cellsKatryn Eske
University of Kentucky SRP Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, 40536 0200, USA
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 21:6354-64. 2014..Presence of the parent compound, PCB 77, led to significant increases in mRNA and protein inflammatory marker expression. These data implicate that PCB dechlorination reduces biological toxicity to vascular endothelial cells. ..
- Polychlorinated biphenyl-induced VCAM-1 expression is attenuated in aortic endothelial cells isolated from caveolin-1 deficient miceSung Gu Han
Molecular and Cell Nutrition Laboratory, College of Agriculture, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 246:74-82. 2010..Our data demonstrate a critical role of functional caveolae in the activation and dysfunction of endothelial cells by coplanar PCBs...
- Effect of dietary selenium and cigarette smoke on pulmonary cell proliferation in miceJun Li
Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506, USA
Toxicol Sci 111:247-53. 2009....
- Acute pulmonary effects of combined exposure to carbon nanotubes and ozone in miceSung Gu Han
Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Inhal Toxicol 20:391-8. 2008..These results are contrary to enhanced responses that were anticipated and may represent the development of "cross-tolerance" reported by others for some sequentially administered pollutants...
- Green tea diet decreases PCB 126-induced oxidative stress in mice by up-regulating antioxidant enzymesBradley J Newsome
Superfund Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA Department of Chemistry, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
J Nutr Biochem 25:126-35. 2014....