Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Managed care patients' preferences, physician recommendations, and colon cancer screeningSarah Hawley
University of Michigan, North Campus Research Complex, 2800 Plymouth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 E mail
Am J Manag Care 20:555-61. 2014..Physicians may have better success in getting patients to screen if they consider preferences for test attributes. ..
- Racial/ethnic disparities in knowledge about risks and benefits of breast cancer treatment: does it matter where you go?Sarah T Hawley
Division of General Medicine, University of Michigan Health System and Ann Arbor VA Medical Center, 300 N Ingalls Room 7C27, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Health Serv Res 43:1366-87. 2008..To evaluate the association between provider characteristics and treatment location and racial/ethnic minority patients' knowledge of breast cancer treatment risks and benefits...
- Preferences for colorectal cancer screening among racially/ethnically diverse primary care patientsSarah T Hawley
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Medicine and Ann Arbor VA Healthcare System, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Med Care 46:S10-6. 2008..This study used conjoint analysis to describe variation in CRC screening preferences among racially/ethnically diverse primary care patients...
- The impact of the format of graphical presentation on health-related knowledge and treatment choicesSarah T Hawley
Division of General Medicine, Center for Behavioral and Decision Sciences in Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, United States, United States
Patient Educ Couns 73:448-55. 2008..To evaluate the ability of six graph formats to impart knowledge about treatment risks/benefits to low and high numeracy individuals...
- Surgeon-level variation in patients' appraisals of their breast cancer treatment experiencesSarah T Hawley
Division of General Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Center for Clinical Management Research, Ann Arbor VA Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:7-14. 2013..The purpose of this study is to examine surgeon-level variation in patient appraisals of their breast cancer care experiences...
- Latina patient perspectives about informed treatment decision making for breast cancerSarah T Hawley
Division of General Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0429, USA
Patient Educ Couns 73:363-70. 2008..To evaluate Latina breast cancer patient perspectives regarding informed decision making related to surgical treatment decision making for breast cancer...
- Receipt of delayed breast reconstruction after mastectomy: do women revisit the decision?Amy K Alderman
Section of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, The University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:1748-56. 2011..Virtually nothing is known about receipt of reconstruction after initial cancer therapy and why treatment might be delayed...
- Impact of adjuvant chemotherapy on long-term employment of survivors of early-stage breast cancerReshma Jagsi
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Cancer 120:1854-62. 2014..The short-term impact of chemotherapy receipt on employment has been demonstrated, but the long-term impact merits further research...