Alison B Hamilton
Affiliation: University of California
- Organizational readiness in specialty mental health careAlison B Hamilton
VA Desert Pacific Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, and UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, 1640 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:27-31. 2010..This paper discusses organizational assessment in specialty mental health, in preparation for improving care for individuals with schizophrenia...
- Community-based implementation and effectiveness in a randomized trial of a risk reduction intervention for HIV-serodiscordant couples: study protocolAlison B Hamilton
UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, 760 Westwood Plaza, 38 240 NPI, Box 175919, 90024 1759 Los Angeles, CA, USA
Implement Sci 9:79. 2014..This five-year study investigates community-based implementation, effectiveness, and sustainability of 'Eban II,' an evidence-based risk reduction intervention for African-American heterosexual, serodiscordant couples...
- Integrating research and practice in the CSAT Methamphetamine Treatment ProjectAlison Hamilton Brown
University of California Los Angeles, Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, 11050 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 26:103-8. 2004..Projects attempting to integrate research and practice should attend to clinicians' orientations toward clients and to the effects of research on treatment program dynamics...
- Gender differences among older heroin usersAlison B Hamilton
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Women Aging 21:111-24. 2009..This purpose of this study was to explore the following question: Are there gender differences among older individuals with a history of heroin addiction with regard to social and family relationships and health problems?..
- Therapy or threat? Inadvertent exposure to alcohol and illicit drug cues in the neighbourhoods of sober living homesKevin C Heslin
Veterans Emergency Management Evaluation Center, Charles Drew University, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Health Soc Care Community 21:500-8. 2013..The threat of alcohol and drug cues may be mitigated by recovery-oriented homes that support coping on an individualised, as-needed basis. ..
- Implementation of evidence-based employment services in specialty mental healthAlison B Hamilton
Greater Los Angeles VA Healthcare Center, Los Angeles, CA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Health Serv Res 48:2224-44. 2013..Study a quality improvement approach for implementing evidence-based employment services at specialty mental health clinics...
- Delivery of clinical genetic consultative services in the Veterans Health AdministrationMaren T Scheuner
1 Department of Research, VA HSR and D Center for the Study of Healthcare Innovation, Implementation and Policy, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Sepulveda, California, USA 2 Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Genetics, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California, USA 3 Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Genet Med 16:609-19. 2014....
- "Homelessness and trauma go hand-in-hand": pathways to homelessness among women veteransAlison B Hamilton
VA HSR and D Center of Excellence for Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Womens Health Issues 21:S203-9. 2011..This paper provides a grounded description of women veterans' pathways into homelessness...
- Factors related to attrition from VA healthcare use: findings from the National Survey of Women VeteransAlison B Hamilton
VA HSR and D Center of Excellence for Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:S510-6. 2013..Recent data suggest that among women Veterans, there is a 30 % attrition rate within 3 years of initial VA use...
- The use of herbal medications and dietary supplements by people with mental illnessNoosha Niv
Department of Veterans Affairs, Desert Pacific Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Community Ment Health J 46:563-9. 2010..The use of HMDS warrants particular attention in persons with perceived mental health problems as these individuals may be turning to HMDS use for treatment of their symptoms...
- A cancer genetics toolkit improves access to genetic services through documentation and use of the family history by primary-care cliniciansMaren T Scheuner
1 VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California, USA 2 Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Genet Med 16:60-9. 2014..We developed, implemented, and evaluated a multicomponent cancer genetics toolkit designed to improve recognition and appropriate referral of individuals at risk for hereditary cancer syndromes...
- Violence prevention among HIV-positive women with histories of violence: healing women in their communitiesGail E Wyatt
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90024 1759, USA
Womens Health Issues 21:S255-60. 2011....
- A patient-centered primary care practice approach using evidence-based quality improvement: rationale, methods, and early assessment of implementationLisa V Rubenstein
VA HSR and D Center for the Study of Healthcare Innovation, implementation, and Policy, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, VA Greater Los Angeles, 16111 Plummer Street, North Hills, CA, 91343, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:S589-97. 2014..Implementation of these models, however, requires major transformation. Evidence-Based Quality Improvement (EBQI) is a multi-level approach for supporting organizational change and innovation spread...
- Women veterans' healthcare delivery preferences and use by military service era: findings from the National Survey of Women VeteransDonna L Washington
VA Greater Los Angeles Health Services Research and Development HSR and D Center of Excellence for the Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, Sepulveda, CA USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:S571-6. 2013..Other studies have identified healthcare issues and behaviors of WVs in specific military service eras (e.g., Vietnam), but delivery preferences and utilization have not been examined within and across eras on a population basis...
- Implementation of a family intervention for individuals with schizophreniaAmy N Cohen
VA Desert Pacific Mental Health Research, Education and Clinical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:32-7. 2010..Families are rarely included in clinical care despite research showing that family involvement has a positive effect on individuals with schizophrenia by reducing relapse, improving work functioning, and social adjustment...
- Factors influencing organizational adoption and implementation of clinical genetic servicesAlison B Hamilton
1 VA HSR and D Center of Excellence for the Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California, USA 2 Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Genet Med 16:238-45. 2014..We sought to identify characteristics of genetic services that facilitate or hinder adoption...
- Teamlet structure and early experiences of medical home implementation for veteransHector P Rodriguez
Department of Health Policy and Management, Fielding School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, 650 Charles E Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA, 90095, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:S623-31. 2014..In 2010, the Veterans Administration (VA) implemented a medical home model termed the Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACT), with reorganization of staff into small teams ("teamlets") as a core feature...
- The intersection of gender and ethnicity in HIV risk, interventions, and prevention: new frontiers for psychologyGail E Wyatt
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Am Psychol 68:247-60. 2013..The conceptual model poses new frontiers for psychology in HIV policy, research, interventions, and training...
- Alternative families in recovery: fictive kin relationships among residents of sober living homesKevin C Heslin
Charles Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90262, USA
Qual Health Res 21:477-88. 2011..These accounts of the therapeutic qualities of fictive kin in sober living homes could inform the work of fair housing advocates and other community stakeholders...
- Anxiety disorders among methamphetamine dependent adults: association with post-treatment functioningSuzette Glasner-Edwards
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Los Angeles, California
Am J Addict 19:385-90. 2010..Addressing anxiety symptoms and syndromes in MA users may be helpful as a means of optimizing treatment outcomes...
- Women, Methamphetamine and SexAlison Brown; Fiscal Year: 2007....