A S Hamilton
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Use of twins as mutual proxy respondents in a case-control study of breast cancer: effect of item nonresponse and misclassificationA S Hamilton
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 9175, USA
Am J Epidemiol 152:1093-103. 2000..These findings demonstrate that, for these variables in this population, twins are reliable proxies for each other and that results from single-respondent pairs should be included...
- Health outcomes after external-beam radiation therapy for clinically localized prostate cancer: results from the Prostate Cancer Outcomes StudyA S Hamilton
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Department of Preventive Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9175, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:2517-26. 2001..Effects of external-beam radiotherapy for prostate cancer among a population-based cohort were assessed...
- Fecal microbiota diversity in survivors of adolescent/young adult Hodgkin lymphoma: a study of twinsW Cozen
Department of Preventive Medicine, USC Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9175, USA
Br J Cancer 108:1163-7. 2013..Adolescent/young adult Hodgkin lymphoma (AYAHL) survivors report fewer exposures to infections during childhood compared with controls, and they have functional lymphocyte aberrations. The gut microbiota plays a central role in immunity...
- Heritable breast cancer in twinsT M Mack
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1441 Eastlake Avenue MC9175, Los Angeles, California, CA 90089 9175, USA
Br J Cancer 87:294-300. 2002..The resultant class of disease accounts for a larger proportion of all breast cancers than previously thought, with a rather high overall penetrance. Some of the biological characteristics differ from those of breast cancer generally...
- Evidence of genetic susceptibility to infectious mononucleosis: a twin studyA E Hwang
Department of Preventive Medicine and Norris Comprehensive Cancer Centre, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Epidemiol Infect 140:2089-95. 2012..When the analysis was restricted to same-sex twin pairs, that estimate was 2·5 (95% CI 1·2-5·3, P=0·02). The results are compatible with a heritable contribution to the risk of infectious mononucleosis...