Jessica A Hamerman
Affiliation: University of California
- Serpin 2a is induced in activated macrophages and conjugates to a ubiquitin homologJessica A Hamerman
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98185, USA
J Immunol 168:2415-23. 2002..Macrophage activation is accompanied by the activation of a variety of proteases. It is of interest that a member of the serine protease inhibitor family is concomitantly induced and modified by a ubiquitin-like protein...
- DAP12 is required for macrophage recruitment to the lung in response to cigarette smoke and chemotaxis toward CCL2Laura L Koth
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Lung Biology Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Immunol 184:6522-8. 2010..These findings indicate that DAP12, possibly through association with TREM2, contributes to alveolar macrophage chemotaxis and recruitment to the lung and may mediate macrophage accumulation in lung diseases such as emphysema...
- Increased ribonuclease expression reduces inflammation and prolongs survival in TLR7 transgenic miceXizhang Sun
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol 190:2536-43. 2013....
- Cutting edge: Type I IFN drives emergency myelopoiesis and peripheral myeloid expansion during chronic TLR7 signalingMatthew B Buechler
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol 190:886-91. 2013..This study shows that type I IFN can act upon myeloid progenitors to promote the development of emergency GMP, which leads to an expansion of their progeny in the periphery...
- Tracing conidial fate and measuring host cell antifungal activity using a reporter of microbial viability in the lungAnupam Jhingran
Vaccine and Infectious Diseases Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Cell Rep 2:1762-73. 2012....
- B-cell adaptor for PI3K (BCAP) negatively regulates Toll-like receptor signaling through activation of PI3KMinjian Ni
Immunology Program, Benaroya Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:267-72. 2012..Therefore, BCAP is an essential activator of the PI3K pathway downstream of TLR signaling, providing a brake to limit potentially pathogenic excessive TLR responses...
- The expanding roles of ITAM adapters FcRgamma and DAP12 in myeloid cellsJessica A Hamerman
Immunology Program, Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, Seattle, WA, USA
Immunol Rev 232:42-58. 2009..In this review, we discuss the newly described receptors that utilize DAP12 and/or FcRgamma adapters to modulate innate immune responses...
- Enhanced Toll-like receptor responses in the absence of signaling adaptor DAP12Jessica A Hamerman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and the Cancer Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nat Immunol 6:579-86. 2005..These data suggest that one or more DAP12-pairing receptors negatively regulate signaling through TLRs...
- NKG2D triggers cytotoxicity in mouse NK cells lacking DAP12 or Syk family kinasesSimona Zompi
Department of Immunology, Pasteur Institute, 25 28 rue Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France
Nat Immunol 4:565-72. 2003....
- Cutting edge: the minor histocompatibility antigen H60 peptide interacts with both H-2Kb and NKG2DAdelheid Cerwenka
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Cancer Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Immunol 168:3131-4. 2002..Ligands of the human NKG2D receptor are remarkably polymorphic, suggesting that these may also serve as minor histocompatibility Ags...
- Interleukin-15/interleukin-15R alpha complexes promote destruction of established tumors by reviving tumor-resident CD8+ T cellsMathieu Epardaud
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Res 68:2972-83. 2008....
- Increased TLR responses in dendritic cells lacking the ITAM-containing adapters DAP12 and FcRgammaChing Liang Chu
Immunology Research Center, National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan
Eur J Immunol 38:166-73. 2008....
- The activating immunoreceptor NKG2D and its ligands are involved in allograft transplant rejectionJim Kim
Transplantation Research Laboratory, Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Immunol 179:6416-20. 2007..Notably, NKG2D blockade did not deplete CD8(+) T cells or NK1.1(+) cells nor affect their migration to the allografts. These results establish a functional role of NKG2D and its ligands in the rejection of solid organ transplants...
- Impairment of NK cell function by NKG2D modulation in NOD miceKouetsu Ogasawara
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue HSE 420, Box 0414, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Immunity 18:41-51. 2003..Modulation of NKG2D was mostly dependent on the YxxM motif of DAP10, the NKG2D-associated adaptor that activates phosphoinositide 3 kinase. These results suggest that NK cells may be desensitized by exposure to NKG2D ligands...
- Inhibition of immune responses by ITAM-bearing receptorsJessica A Hamerman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Cancer Research Institute, University of California, Box 0414, HSE1001, San Francisco, CA 94143-0414, USA
Sci STKE 2006:re1. 2006..Here, we discuss these new negative roles for signaling by receptors that associate with ITAM-bearing adaptors in myeloid and other cell types within the immune system...
- Engagement of NKG2D by cognate ligand or antibody alone is insufficient to mediate costimulation of human and mouse CD8+ T cellsLauren I Richie Ehrlich
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and the Cancer Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Immunol 174:1922-31. 2005..It is, therefore, likely that NKG2D acts as a costimulatory molecule only under restricted conditions or requires additional cofactors...
- Cutting edge: Toll-like receptor signaling in macrophages induces ligands for the NKG2D receptorJessica A Hamerman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, and Cancer Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Immunol 172:2001-5. 2004..RAE-1-NKG2D interactions provide a mechanism by which NK cells and infected macrophages communicate directly during an innate immune response to infection...
- NKG2D-mediated natural killer cell protection against cytomegalovirus is impaired by viral gp40 modulation of retinoic acid early inducible 1 gene moleculesMelissa Lodoen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Box 0414, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Exp Med 197:1245-53. 2003..These experiments demonstrate that gp40 impairs NK cell recognition of virus-infected cells through disrupting the RAE-1-NKG2D interaction...
- Cutting edge: inhibition of TLR and FcR responses in macrophages by triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells (TREM)-2 and DAP12Jessica A Hamerman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, 514 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Immunol 177:2051-5. 2006..A TREM-2 Fc fusion protein bound to macrophages, indicating that macrophages express a TREM-2 ligand. Thus, the interaction of TREM-2 and its ligand results in an inhibitory signal that can reduce the inflammatory response...