Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- Objective and subjective sleep disturbances in individuals with psychiatric disabilitiesEdna Hamera
University of Kansas, School of Nursing, Kansas City, KS 66150, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 34:110-6. 2013..The findings indicate the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index is a comprehensive measure to use in assessing sleep in individuals who have psychiatric disabilities...
- Descriptive study of shared decision making about lifestyle modifications with individuals who have psychiatric disabilitiesEdna Hamera
University of Kansas School of Nursing, Kansas City, KS, USA
J Am Psychiatr Nurses Assoc 16:280-7. 2010..Shared decision making (SDM) is a process of active participation by clients with practitioners in weighing the risks and benefits of treatments. It has not been extended to decisions about making lifestyle modifications...
- Safety considerations when promoting exercise in individuals with serious mental illnessEdna Hamera
University of Kansas Medical Center, School of Nursing, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Psychiatry Res 178:220-2. 2010..These risks are realistic concerns when recommending exercise and/or walking...
- A psychiatric rehabilitation approach to weight lossCatana Brown
University of Kansas Medical Center, Occupational Therapy Education, Kansas City 66160, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 29:267-73. 2006..7 kg (6 lbs) and the control group gained 0.5 kg (1 lb). A weight loss program incorporating psychiatric rehabilitation principles was effective for people with psychiatric disabilities at a community based program...
- Learning potential as a predictor of skill acquisition in people with serious mental illnessMelisa Rempfer
Department of Psychology, University of Missouri Kansas City, 4825 Troost Building, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Psychiatry Res 185:293-5. 2011..WCST learning potential predicted skill acquisition beyond the static index of traditional WCST performance...
- The prevalence of night eating syndrome and binge eating disorder among overweight and obese individuals with serious mental illnessJennifer D Lundgren
University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Psychiatry Res 175:233-6. 2010..Stress, sleep, and medication use might account for the high prevalence of NES found in this population...
- Knowledge of grocery shopping skills as a mediator of cognition and performanceCatana E Brown
Department of Occupational Therapy Education, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:573-5. 2006..This study examined knowledge of grocery shopping skills as a mediator of cognition and performance of grocery shopping skills...
- What constitutes advanced assessment?Laura J Davidson
School of Nursing, The University of Kansas School of Nursing, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Mailstop 4043, Kansas City, KS 66160 7502, USA
J Nurs Educ 43:421-5. 2004..Items within the gynecological and breast systems received the highest ratings. This study suggests a need to help advanced practice nursing students master all advanced assessment competencies on the survey...
- The relations between cognition and the independent living skill of shopping in people with schizophreniaMelisa V Rempfer
Department of Occupational Therapy Education, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3033 Robinson, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Psychiatry Res 117:103-12. 2003..Results of this study extend previous research by examining the relation between cognition and the actual performance of daily living skills under natural circumstances...
- Learning proficiency on the Wisconsin Card Sorting Test in people with serious mental illness: what are the cognitive characteristics of good learners?Melisa Rempfer
Research Service, Kansas City VA Medical Center, University of Missouri Kansas City, Department of Psychology, 4825 Troost, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Schizophr Res 87:316-22. 2006..This study provides support for learning potential classification in schizophrenia as well as other serious mental illnesses, and indicates that learning potential may specifically be related to verbal and working memory abilities...
- A Psychiatric Rehabilitation Approach to Weight LossEdna Hamera; Fiscal Year: 2007....