Krishna R Hamal
Affiliation: University of Arkansas
- Differential expression of vasoactive mediators in microparticle-challenged lungs of chickens that differ in susceptibility to pulmonary arterial hypertensionKrishna R Hamal
Dept of Poultry Science, Univ of Arkansas, POSC 420, 1260 W Maple, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R235-42. 2010....
- Immunohistochemical examination of plexiform-like complex vascular lesions in the lungs of broiler chickens selected for susceptibility to idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertensionKrishna R Hamal
Department of Poultry Science, University of Arkansas, 1260 West Maple, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
Avian Pathol 41:211-9. 2012....
- Differential gene expression of proinflammatory chemokines and cytokines in lungs of ascites-resistant and -susceptible broiler chickens following intravenous cellulose microparticle injectionKrishna R Hamal
Department of Poultry Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 133:250-5. 2010..Higher expression of chemokines/cytokines in RES compared to SUS line lungs may explain the ability of RES line broilers to effectively counteract the MP-induced PH and resolve the vascular occlusion...
- Plexiform lesions in the lungs of domestic fowl selected for susceptibility to pulmonary arterial hypertension: incidence and histologyRobert F Wideman
Department of Poultry Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, USA
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 294:739-55. 2011..Broiler chickens selected for innate susceptibility to IPAH represent a new animal model for investigating the mechanisms responsible for spontaneous plexogenic arteriopathy...
- Idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension: an avian model for plexogenic arteriopathy and serotonergic vasoconstrictionRobert F Wideman
Center of Excellence for Poultry Science, Department of Poultry Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 63:283-95. 2011..Serotonin also plays a major role in the susceptibility of broilers to IPAH. This avian model of spontaneous IPAH constitutes a new animal model for biomedical research focused on the pathogenesis of IPAH and plexogenic arteriopathy...