Yoshio N Hall
Affiliation: University of California
- Race/ethnicity and disease severity in IgA nephropathyYoshio N Hall
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
BMC Nephrol 5:10. 2004..Clinical reports suggest that Asian/Pacific Islanders are more likely to be affected by IgA nephropathy (IgAN), and that the severity of disease is increased in these populations...
- Differential mortality and transplantation rates among Asians and Pacific Islanders with ESRDYoshio N Hall
Departments of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94118 1211, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:3711-20. 2005..Strategies that are aimed at improving access to transplantation in Asian and Pacific Islander communities may further enhance survival among Asians and Pacific Islanders with ESRD...
- Relationship of body size and mortality among US Asians and Pacific Islanders on dialysisYoshio N Hall
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Ethn Dis 21:40-6. 2011..Our study objective was to compare the relations of body size and mortality among patients with end-stage renal disease of different ethnicities...
- Racial ethnic differences in rates and determinants of deceased donor kidney transplantationYoshio N Hall
University of Washington, Kidney Research Institute, Department of Medicine, 325 9th Avenue, Box 359606, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:743-51. 2011..Area-based efforts targeted to address racial- and ethnic-specific delays in transplantation may help to reduce overall disparities in deceased donor kidney transplantation in the United States...
- The effect of frequent hemodialysis on nutrition and body composition: frequent Hemodialysis Network TrialGeorge A Kaysen
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Davis, California 95616, USA
Kidney Int 82:90-9. 2012..Thus, frequent in-center hemodialysis reduced ECW but did not increase serum albumin or BCM while frequent nocturnal hemodialysis yielded no net effect on parameters of nutritional status or body composition...
- Homelessness and CKD: a cohort studyYoshio N Hall
Kidney Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:1094-102. 2012..This study examined the associations between homelessness and clinical outcomes of CKD among adults from the urban healthcare safety net...
- The conundrum of increased burden of end-stage renal disease in AsiansYoshio N Hall
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, USA
Kidney Int 68:2310-6. 2005..Few cohort studies have examined the risk of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) among Asians compared with whites and blacks...
- Temporal trends in the prevalence of diabetic kidney disease in the United StatesIan H De Boer
Kidney Research Institute and Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
JAMA 305:2532-9. 2011..Over time, the prevalence of diabetic kidney disease (DKD) may increase due to the expanding size of the diabetes population or decrease due to the implementation of diabetes therapies...