Y N Hall
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Homelessness and CKD: a cohort studyYoshio N Hall
Kidney Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:1094-102. 2012..This study examined the associations between homelessness and clinical outcomes of CKD among adults from the urban healthcare safety net...
- Effects of six versus three times per week hemodialysis on physical performance, health, and functioning: Frequent Hemodialysis Network (FHN) randomized trialsYoshio N Hall
Kidney Research Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:782-94. 2012..Relatively little is known about the effects of hemodialysis frequency on the disability of patients with ESRD...
- Neighborhood poverty and kidney transplantation among US Asians and Pacific Islanders with end-stage renal diseaseY N Hall
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Transplant 8:2402-9. 2008..Our findings call for studies to identify cultural and local barriers to transplant among Asians and Pacific Islanders, particularly those residing in resource-poor neighborhoods...
- Characteristics of uninsured Americans with chronic kidney diseaseYoshio N Hall
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, 1660 S Columbian Way, 111M, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:917-22. 2009..Little is known about the extent of health insurance coverage for persons with non-dialysis dependent chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Chronic kidney disease in the urban poorYoshio N Hall
Kidney Research Institute, University of Washington, 325 Ninth Avenue, Box 359606, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:828-35. 2010..The primary study objectives were to describe patient characteristics, incident ESRD, and mortality in adults with nondialysis-dependent CKD receiving care in the health care safety net...
- Racial ethnic differences in rates and determinants of deceased donor kidney transplantationYoshio N Hall
University of Washington, Kidney Research Institute, Department of Medicine, 325 9th Avenue, Box 359606, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:743-51. 2011..Area-based efforts targeted to address racial- and ethnic-specific delays in transplantation may help to reduce overall disparities in deceased donor kidney transplantation in the United States...
- Regional differences in dialysis care and mortality among American Indians and Alaska NativesYoshio N Hall
Kidney Research Institute, University of Washington, 325 9th Avenue, Box 359606, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 22:2287-95. 2011..Our findings suggest that an area-based approach examining the care structure of relatively few dialysis facilities may delineate determinants of these differences and improve the quality of care to many AIAN communities...
- Vitamin D deficiency and frailty in older AmericansE R Wilhelm-Leen
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Intern Med 268:171-80. 2010..Low serum concentrations of 25-hydroxyvitamin D are known to be associated with multiple chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes, in addition to all cause mortality...
- The conundrum of increased burden of end-stage renal disease in AsiansYoshio N Hall
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, USA
Kidney Int 68:2310-6. 2005..Few cohort studies have examined the risk of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) among Asians compared with whites and blacks...