Valerie B Haley
Affiliation: University at Albany
- Risk factors for coronary artery bypass graft chest surgical site infections in New York State, 2008Valerie B Haley
Bureau of Healthcare Associated Infections, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY, USA
Am J Infect Control 40:22-8. 2012..This report describes the risk adjustment method used by NYS for reporting hospital SSI rates, and additional methods used to explore remaining differences in infection rates...
- Use of administrative data in efficient auditing of hospital-acquired surgical site infections, New York State 2009-2010Valerie B Haley
New York State Department of Health, Bureau of Healthcare Associated Infections, Albany, NY 12237, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 33:565-71. 2012..To efficiently validate the accuracy of surgical site infection (SSI) data reported to the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) by New York State (NYS) hospitals...
- Seasonality and trend in blood lead levels of New York State childrenValerie B Haley
Bureau of Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology, New York State Department of Health, Troy, New York 12180, USA
BMC Pediatr 4:8. 2004..In addition, the results offer a comparison of recent data on seasonality of BLLs in New York State children, to studies conducted over the past three decades...
- Geographic analysis of blood lead levels in New York State children born 1994-1997Valerie B Haley
Bureau of Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology, New York State Department of Health, Troy, New York 12180 2216, USA
Environ Health Perspect 112:1577-82. 2004..The model locates areas with a higher or lower prevalence of elevated BLLs than expected. These communities can be studied further at the individual level to better characterize the factors that contribute to these differences...
- Surveillance of the short-term impact of fine particle air pollution on cardiovascular disease hospitalizations in New York StateValerie B Haley
Bureau of Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY, USA
Environ Health 8:42. 2009..Studies have shown that the effects of particulate matter on health vary based on factors including the vulnerability of the population, health care practices, exposure factors, and the pollutant mix...
- Comparison of 2 Clostridium difficile Surveillance Methods: National Healthcare Safety Network's Laboratory-Identified Event Reporting Module versus Clinical Infection SurveillanceKathleen A Gase
Bureau of Healthcare Associated Infections, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 34:284-90. 2013..With a greater than 80% match between the NHSN LabID event data and the clinical infection surveillance data, the New York State Department of Health made the decision to use the NHSN LabID event CDI data for public reporting purposes...
- Development of an interactive environmental public health tracking system for data analysis, visualization, and reportingThomas O Talbot
Environmental Health Surveillance, Bureau of Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology, NYS Department of Health, Troy, NY 12180, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 14:526-32. 2008..This article describes the user interface, data linkages, and analytic, visualization, and reporting tools...