Affiliation: University of California
- Distributed brain sites for the g-factor of intelligenceRoberto Colom
Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Neuroimage 31:1359-65. 2006....
- Neuroimaging of individuals with Down's syndrome at-risk for dementia: evidence for possible compensatory eventsR J Haier
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Irvine 92697 4475, USA
Neuroimage 39:1324-32. 2008..We report functional and structural brain indicators that may precede the onset of dementia in individuals with Down's syndrome (DS)...
- Structural brain variation, age, and response timeRichard J Haier
University of California, Irvine 92697, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 5:246-51. 2005..The results suggest that individual differences in specific brain structure volumes should be considered as potential moderating factors in cognitive brain imaging studies...
- The neuroanatomy of general intelligence: sex mattersRichard J Haier
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Med Sci I, B140, Irvine, CA 92697 5000, USA
Neuroimage 25:320-7. 2005....
- Structural brain variation and general intelligenceRichard J Haier
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 5000, USA
Neuroimage 23:425-33. 2004..These results underscore the distributed neural basis of intelligence and suggest a developmental course for volume--IQ relationships in adulthood...
- Temporal cortex hypermetabolism in Down syndrome prior to the onset of dementiaR J Haier
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Irvine 92697 5000, USA
Neurology 61:1673-9. 2003....
- Dissociable brain activation responses to 5-Hz electrical pain stimulation: a high-field functional magnetic resonance imaging studyMichael T Alkire
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California, Irvine, Orange, 92868, USA
Anesthesiology 100:939-46. 2004....
- A voxel-based morphometric study of nondemented adults with Down SyndromeNathan S White
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Neuroimage 20:393-403. 2003..The consistency of these findings with prior imaging reports demonstrates the utility of the VBM technique for investigating the neuroanatomy of DS...
- Sex differences in N-acetylaspartate correlates of general intelligence: an 1H-MRS study of normal human brainRex E Jung
Department of Neurology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87151, USA
Neuroimage 26:965-72. 2005..84, P < .001; adjusted r2 = .82]. Our results highlight a biochemical substrate of normal intellectual performance, mediated by sex, within white matter association fibers linking posterior to frontal brain regions...
- The Parieto-Frontal Integration Theory (P-FIT) of intelligence: converging neuroimaging evidenceRex E Jung
Departments of Neurology and Psychology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
Behav Brain Sci 30:135-54; discussion 154-87. 2007..Moreover, the model provides a framework for testing new hypotheses in future experimental designs...
- General intelligence and memory span: evidence for a common neuroanatomic frameworkRoberto Colom
Facultad de Psicologia, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Cogn Neuropsychol 24:867-78. 2007..These findings support the nuclear role of a discrete parieto-frontal network...
- CEREBRAL GLUCOSE METABOLISM IN DOWN SYNDROMERICHARD HAIER; Fiscal Year: 2003..These data will provide important information for the timing of treatment interventions and may aid in early detection of dementia and the classification of DS subtypes. ..