David L Hahn
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Azithromycin for bronchial asthma in adults: an effectiveness trialDavid L Hahn
Dean Clinic, Madison, WI, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 25:442-59. 2012..Macrolides have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that may be useful in the treatment of chronic asthma...
- Feasibility of a practical clinical trial for asthma conducted in primary careDavid L Hahn
Department of Family Practice, Dean Medical Center, Madison, Wisconsin 53716, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 17:190-5. 2004..questions: (1) Was clinician interest initiated and maintained? (2) Did clinicians enroll patients into an RCT and complete follow-up? (3) Was an interactive voice-response (IVR) telephone system useful to collect patient-reported data?..
- Importance of evidence grading for guideline implementation: the example of asthmaDavid L Hahn
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Ann Fam Med 7:364-9. 2009..An evidence-grading system based on applicable populations, patient-oriented outcomes, and shared decision making might improve physician and patient guideline adherence and improve asthma outcomes...
- Airflow limitation, asthma, and Chlamydia pneumoniae-specific heat shock protein 60David L Hahn
Department of Family Practice, Dean Medical Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 101:614-8. 2008..The pathogenesis of C trachomatis disease associations is thought to include molecular mimicry (autoimmunity), direct activation of the innate immune response via the CD14/toll-like receptor 4 complex, or both...
- Chlamydia pneumoniae-specific IgE is prevalent in asthma and is associated with disease severityDavid L Hahn
Departments of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, and Dean Clinic, Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e35945. 2012..Several Chlamydia pneumoniae (Cp) biomarkers have been associated with asthma but Cp-specific IgE (Cp IgE) has not been investigated extensively. Our objective was to investigate Cp IgE in community adult asthma patients...
- How practice-based research changed the way I manage depressionDavid L Hahn
Arcand Park Clinic, 3434 East Washington Ave, Madison, WI 53704, USA
J Fam Pract 52:784-8. 2003
- Chlamydia pneumoniae as a respiratory pathogenDavid L Hahn
Arcand Park Clinic, Dean Medical Center, Madison WI 53704, USA
Front Biosci 7:e66-76. 2002..pneumoniae infection, and to advance our knowledge and understanding of the role of chronic infection in asthma, chronic bronchitis and COPD...
- Screening for obesity: clinical tools in evolution, a WREN studyPaul D Smith
University of Wisconsin, Department of Family Medicine, 1100 Delaplaine Ct, Madison, WI 53715, USA
WMJ 109:274-8. 2010..This recommendation acknowledges the absence of evidence for patient-oriented benefits (lower morbidity or mortality)...
- Why is "hard" evidence "hard" to accept?David L Hahn
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:932; author reply 932-3. 2006
- Beyond the Dutch hypothesisDavid L Hahn
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:1056; author reply 1057. 2006
- Does most asthma really begin during the preschool years?David L Hahn
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:575-6; author reply 576. 2006
- Origins of atopy in pediatric asthmaDavid L Hahn
J Allergy Clin Immunol 115:425-6; author reply 426. 2005
- Chlamydia pneumoniae and asthma: more than just exacerbationsDavid L Hahn
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:568. 2004
- Chlamydia pneumoniae and airway remodelingDavid L Hahn
J Allergy Clin Immunol 117:1193; author reply 1193-4. 2006