Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Conservation of Nef function across highly diverse lineages of SIVsmmJan Schmökel
Institute of Virology, University of Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Retrovirology 6:36. 2009..In the present study we examined whether representatives of five different SIVsmm lineages show differences in the function of the accessory Nef protein, which plays an important role in viral persistence, transmission and pathogenesis...
- Semen-mediated enhancement of HIV infection is donor-dependent and correlates with the levels of SEVIKyeong Ae Kim
Institute of Molecular Virology, University Hospital Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Retrovirology 7:55. 2010..Despite its importance for the global spread of HIV-1, however, the effect of semen on virus infection is controversial...
- Local replication of simian immunodeficiency virus in the breast milk compartment of chronically-infected, lactating rhesus monkeysSallie R Permar
Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Retrovirology 7:7. 2010..These findings suggest that a substantial fraction of milk viruses are produced by locally-infected cells, but are shaped by cellular immune pressures similar to that in the blood...
- AIDS as a zoonosis: scientific and public health implicationsB H Hahn
Department of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Science 287:607-14. 2000..The implications of human infection by a diverse set of SIVs and of exposure to a plethora of additional human immunodeficiency virus-related viruses are discussed...
- Molecular Epidemiology and Natural History of SIVcpzBeatrice Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2009..SIVcpz infection of wild-living chimpanzees represents a critical piece in this puzzle. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology and Natural History of SIVcpzBeatrice Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2007..t. troglodytes origin of HIV-1, but will address other important questions concerning the natural history and biology of this medically important group of viruses. ..
- Natural SIV Reservoirs and Human Zoonotic RiskBeatrice Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2005..We expect these studies to yield a complete record of all naturally infected primate species in Cameroon, an accurate assessment of their levels of infection, and a first approximation of human zoonotic risk. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of HIV PathogenesisBeatrice Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Epidemiology and Natural History of SIVcpzBeatrice H Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2010..SIVcpz infection of wild-living chimpanzees represents a critical piece in this puzzle. ..