S N Haber
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Striatonigrostriatal pathways in primates form an ascending spiral from the shell to the dorsolateral striatumS N Haber
Department of Neurobiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Neurosci 20:2369-82. 2000..This anatomical arrangement creates a hierarchy of information flow and provides an anatomical basis for the limbic/cognitive/motor interface via the ventral midbrain...
- Bed nucleus of the stria terminalis and extended amygdala inputs to dopamine subpopulations in primatesJ L Fudge
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine, NY 14642, USA
Neuroscience 104:807-27. 2001..From these results we suggest that specific subdivisions of the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis have differential influences on the dopamine subpopulations, influencing dopamine responses in diverse brain regions...
- Topographic organization of the ventral striatal efferent projections in the rhesus monkey: an anterograde tracing studyS N Haber
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Comp Neurol 293:282-98. 1990..Finally, the ventral striatum projects to non-extrapyramidal regions including the bed nucleus of the stria terminals, the nucleus basalis magnocellularis, the lateral hypothalamus, and the medial thalamus...
- Considering the role of the amygdala in psychotic illness: a clinicopathological correlationJ L Fudge
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York 14642, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 10:383-94. 1998..They use this case to review what is known of the functional anatomy of the amygdala and its possible role in some psychoses...
- The concept of the ventral striatum in nonhuman primatesS N Haber
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester School of Medicine, New York 14642, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 877:33-48. 1999..This paper uses the afferent connections to the ventral striatum to define this region in monkeys. Furthermore the shell and core subterritories are discussed with respect to their histochemistry and specific connections...
- Amygdaloid projections to ventromedial striatal subterritories in the primateJ L Fudge
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine, New York 14642, USA
Neuroscience 110:257-75. 2002....
- Microglial response is poorly correlated with neurodegeneration following chronic, low-dose MPTP administration in monkeysS D Hurley
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Exp Neurol 184:659-68. 2003..Thus, we conclude that microglial reactivity, per se, is not consistently associated with neurodegeneration, but depends on regional differences...
- Restricted daily consumption of a highly palatable food (chocolate Ensure(R)) alters striatal enkephalin gene expressionA E Kelley
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, 6001 Research Park, Madison, WI 53719 USA
Eur J Neurosci 18:2592-8. 2003..These results suggest that repeated consumption of a highly rewarding, energy-dense food induces neuroadaptations in cognitive-motivational circuits...