A T Haase
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Population biology of HIV-1 infection: viral and CD4+ T cell demographics and dynamics in lymphatic tissuesA T Haase
Department of Microbiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 17:625-56. 1999..It is nonetheless encouraging to know that even in late stages of infection, control of active replication of HIV-1 provides an opportunity for the immune system to recover from the injuries inflicted by infection...
- Rapid accumulation of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in lymphatic tissue reservoirs during acute and early HIV infection: implications for timing of antiretroviral therapyT Schacker
Department of Medicine Infectious Diseases, University of Minnesota, 216 Delaware St, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Infect Dis 181:354-7. 2000....
- Cellular tropism and viral interleukin-6 expression distinguish human herpesvirus 8 involvement in Kaposi's sarcoma, primary effusion lymphoma, and multicentric Castleman's diseaseK A Staskus
Department of Microbiology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Virol 73:4181-7. 1999..Our findings support the hypothesis that HHV-8 plays an important role in the pathogenesis of PEL and MCD, in which vIL-6 acts as an autocrine or paracrine factor in the lymphoproliferative processes common to both...
- Productive infection of T cells in lymphoid tissues during primary and early human immunodeficiency virus infectionT Schacker
Dept of Medicine Infectious Diseases, University of Minnesota, Box 250 UMHC, 516 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Infect Dis 183:555-62. 2001..Despite the relatively high frequency of productively infected cells in LT, the impact on the size of the T cell population in LT at this stage was minor...
- Neuropathological changes in scrapie and Alzheimer's disease are associated with increased expression of apolipoprotein E and cathepsin D in astrocytesJ F Diedrich
Department of Microbiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
J Virol 65:4759-68. 1991..These studies reveal some of the molecular antecedents of neuropathological changes in scrapie and Alzheimer's disease and accord new prominence to the role of astrocytes in neurodegenerative conditions...