Thomas J Guttuso
Affiliation: University at Buffalo
- Gabapentin's effects on hot flashes in postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trialThomas Guttuso
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:337-45. 2003..To evaluate whether treatment with the anticonvulsant gabapentin may be effective in reducing hot flash frequency and severity...
- Stellate ganglion block for treating hot flashes: a viable treatment option or sham procedure?Thomas Guttuso
University at Buffalo, 3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214, United States Electronic address
Maturitas 76:221-4. 2013....
- Nighttime awakenings responding to gabapentin therapy in late premenopausal women: a case seriesThomas Guttuso
Department of Neurology, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 8:187-9. 2012..Further research is needed to determine if low early follicular phase serum estradiol is associated with nighttime awakenings in premenopausal women not experiencing night sweats...
- Effective and clinically meaningful non-hormonal hot flash therapiesThomas Guttuso
University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, United States
Maturitas 72:6-12. 2012..Further research is needed with several of these nonhormonal compounds to replicate these findings and to also directly compare their efficacy and tolerability with those of hormone replacement therapy...
- Review of hot flash diariesThomas Guttuso
University at Buffalo, 3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Maturitas 71:213-6. 2012..Either diary is acceptable for use in clinical trials...
- Gabapentin use in hyperemesis gravidarum: a pilot studyThomas Guttuso
Department of Neurology, University at Buffalo, 3435 Main Street, 311 BRB, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Early Hum Dev 86:65-6. 2010..There have been 2 congenital defects among 7 exposed infants. Gabapentin may be effective in the treatment of HG...
- Effect of L-methionine on hot flashes in postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trialThomas Guttuso
University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Menopause 16:1004-8. 2009..Based on a common mechanism of action with gabapentin, we investigated the effects of L-methionine on hot flashes in postmenopausal women...
- Effects of L-isoleucine and L-valine on hot flushes and serum homocysteine: a randomized controlled trialThomas Guttuso
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:109-15. 2008..To investigate whether L-isoleucine was effective in the treatment of hot flushes and whether L-isoleucine, L-valine, or the combination of both amino acids reduced fasting serum homocysteine...
- Responsiveness of life-threatening refractory emesis to gabapentin-scopolamine therapy following posterior fossa surgery. Case reportThomas Guttuso
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Neurosurg 102:547-9. 2005....
- Effects of gabapentin on sleep in menopausal women with hot flashes as measured by a Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index factor scoring modelMichael E Yurcheshen
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Strong Sleep Disorders Center, Rochester, New York 14618, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:1355-60. 2009..The aim of this research was to analyze gabapentin's effect on Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (PSQI) scores in menopausal women...
- Hot flashes refractory to HRT and SSRI therapy but responsive to gabapentin therapyThomas Guttuso
Departmrnt of Neurology, University of Buffalo School of Medicine, 311 Biomedical Research Building, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 27:274-6. 2004..She markedly responded to gabapentin therapy. Gabapentin, SSRIs, and estrogen may act at different cellular targets in the treatment of hot flashes...
- Effect of gabapentin on nausea induced by chemotherapy in patients with breast cancerThomas Guttuso
Department of Neurology, Box 673, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Lancet 361:1703-5. 2003..This preliminary evidence shows that gabapentin might have a role in treatment of chemotherapy-induced nausea...
- Pilot study using gabapentin for tamoxifen-induced hot flashes in women with breast cancerKishan J Pandya
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642 USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 83:87-9. 2004..Two additional patients did not provide complete data. Gabapentin is a promising new agent in the treatment of tamoxifen induced hot flashes, and should be studied further...
- Effects of Amino Acid Therapy on Hot Flashes in Postmenopausal WomenThomas Guttuso; Fiscal Year: 2007..The applicant will also attend two didactic training seminars in complementary & alternative medicine at The Osher Institute at Harvard Medical School and at the Duke Center for Integrative Medicine. ..