T J Guttuso
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Gabapentin's effects on hot flashes in postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trialThomas Guttuso
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:337-45. 2003..To evaluate whether treatment with the anticonvulsant gabapentin may be effective in reducing hot flash frequency and severity...
- Gabapentin's effects on hot flashes and hypothermiaT J Guttuso
Department of Neurology, University of Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Neurology 54:2161-3. 2000..In addition, gabapentin treatment enhanced the frequency of hypothermic episodes in a separate patient with known hypothalamic dysfunction. Gabapentin may act directly upon temperature regulatory centers...
- Effect of gabapentin on nausea induced by chemotherapy in patients with breast cancerThomas Guttuso
Department of Neurology, Box 673, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Lancet 361:1703-5. 2003..This preliminary evidence shows that gabapentin might have a role in treatment of chemotherapy-induced nausea...
- Hot flashes refractory to HRT and SSRI therapy but responsive to gabapentin therapyThomas Guttuso
Departmrnt of Neurology, University of Buffalo School of Medicine, 311 Biomedical Research Building, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 27:274-6. 2004..She markedly responded to gabapentin therapy. Gabapentin, SSRIs, and estrogen may act at different cellular targets in the treatment of hot flashes...
- Responsiveness of life-threatening refractory emesis to gabapentin-scopolamine therapy following posterior fossa surgery. Case reportThomas Guttuso
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Neurosurg 102:547-9. 2005....
- Gabapentin, estrogen, and placebo for treating hot flushes: a randomized controlled trialSireesha Y Reddy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:41-8. 2006..To compare the efficacy of gabapentin, estrogen, and placebo in the treatment of hot flushes...
- Effects of L-isoleucine and L-valine on hot flushes and serum homocysteine: a randomized controlled trialThomas Guttuso
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:109-15. 2008..To investigate whether L-isoleucine was effective in the treatment of hot flushes and whether L-isoleucine, L-valine, or the combination of both amino acids reduced fasting serum homocysteine...